Nope...My Old Mopar Will Not Leave The Garage This Week!

keithb7

3 minutes ago, Booger said:

Is not Canada celsius? I guess not

It is. Seems 90% of the folks here are in the USA. I factored that in and converted.  43 C.

Ooh. We just rose to 110F. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Booger said:

Is not Canada celsius? I guess not

It is Celsius but a lot of us older farts (I’m 72) grew up with Fahrenheit. I understand Celsius but I relate better to Fahrenheit, especially with the warmer temps. My daughter and grandsons look at me like I’m crazy when I say the temp in Fahrenheit. However, -40 is the same in both and very cold. I’ll take the heat any day. 

• Like 1

Somewhere I heard the poem about Celsius, and I recited it for some Canadian cousins, who are about the same advanced age as I:

"30 is hot and 20 is nice; 

10 is cool and zero is ice." 

They looked at me like I was from outer space.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DonaldSmith said:

Somewhere I heard the poem about Celsius, and I recited it for some Canadian cousins, who are about the same advanced age as I:

"30 is hot and 20 is nice; 

10 is cool and zero is ice." 

They looked at me like I was from outer space.

and I would say thats accurate

A blistering 86 up here in northern Maine today.  I've found that driving the ole D24 in "hot" weather tends to be more comfortable than one may think, all the way from 110s in west Texas (the passenger windshield is cracked from when El Paso had a week straight of over 110 in 1994) and SE New Mexico, to muggy 80s and 90s in MI, NY and ME.  I always expect it to be miserable, but am generally surprised that it is quite tolerable.  Perhaps because it doesn't have as much glass as modern cars?...or the metal is thicker?  Who knows.  Even my Beetle is cooler than you would think.  But try to get in our 2014 Patriot or 2019 Ram on a hot day?...fuggedaboudit.

The entire drive home from work this afternoon the car thermometer never budged off 118 F.  We’ve migrated to the basement to sleep. The AC quit on my work commuter car. Too hot to troubleshoot it.  

The forest fires have now started.  One is  burning completely out of control 10 miles from my city. Smoke is now settling in the valley here. The last several years summer have been feeling like the apocalypse. Forest fire Smoke. Relentless each summer it seems. 
Its extremely hot and dry here now. Thunderstorms are possible tomorrow. 

F Fire.jpeg

Edited by keithb7

Cool here in the East Seattle area...90 degree's...heat wave over?

Hard to believe you are experiencing such hazardous conditions, sounds way worse than what we get in southwest WA tho we have had bad bushfires the last couple of years.

Hope things come good for you soon.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:16 PM, wallytoo said:

to put the heat in perspective, the record high for las vegas is 117*F.

Lytton, a small town in central British Columbia, just set an all-time Canadian hot temperature record a couple of days ago. It hit 49.6C or 121F. That’s getting toasty!

Lytton. A 1.5 hr drive from here. I’d say there ia a bit of spill over. Lol. They put their weather station in the hottest possible place. It gets the sleepy little town in the media all the time 

Inside my home tonight. Well past the so called comfort zone. 40 cel (104F) in the living room. Actually everywhere in the house. Good times!

AF0048B4-B2DF-43A9-9AE6-A0D79FC1CCE4.jpeg

9 hours ago, chrysler1941 said:

Right now we have 60 F

We don't have bush fires, no earthquakes, no heat wave, no fires, no hurricanes, no dry weather. All in all just boring.

We don't have any natural disasters other than our politicians.

Well, there is that neighbor to the south that you gotta keep an eye on. 

Typical summer here over the past 3-4 years. Last year was half decent. Did not get smoky ‘till the end of August 

96A49AEE-35E6-47F9-9FF9-191D820A252D.jpeg

I wish you the BEST in your fires. Hot Shots and 559 firefighters have things ALMOST under control here in Sedona. 80K acres lost but no loss of life, and only a VERY few homes. These folks are my heroes!

2 hours ago, keithb7 said:

OMG! Sounds like it has been. Hope everyone is safe!

Well that escalated fast. Lytton is no more, burned out. This photo is my town this morning.  Lightly snowing ash too. 

Same situation in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021,  and several other summers I can recall.  Seems to stick around most of the summer.  We have a problem.  The prairies are starting to look favorable. 

366FC364-655D-406E-8202-22F08E9FBFC5.jpeg

Well, it was a hot one here in Manitoba today. I did brave the heat and took my Fargo out for a putt. No headliner, and when parked the roof gets incredibly hot. I have just finished the 360/727 repower and was concerned about the heat. It is well within acceptable parameters. 

i saw in the news about Litton. Buildings can be replaced, im more concerned about the people that are un accounted for.