5th international "work on your truck day"

hope it is OK, I would like to remind everyone (on behalf of our IWOYTD host (48dodger))  this coming Saturday .....MAY 7TH 2016 - IWOYTD #5 !!!!!!!!!!!

to quote the past "rules"

The official day is the first Saturday of May.

"Its a day like no other day....a day in which pro-crash-tin-nation has decided to stay home!" 

Get your wrenches out ....the good weather is coming.....time to make it roll without the neighbors pushin it! Power to the toolbox! Its a day we all make all stand together as one, and show everyone, that:

"We love our old Trucks!!"  :lol:

The 5 rules:

1. Work on your truck....looking at it counts, writing "wash me' on it counts, washing, dusting it, kicking the rubber ALL counts!

2. Report what you did....and be honest, cuz its all good.

3. Post a picture of what you did....again, fresh finger prints count.

4. Explain what inspires you the most about your truck, how you got it....it was your dad's, it was your uncle's, brother's, you found it......

5. Try to share your days experience as soon as you can.....!!!

Have a great week leading up to May 7th!!!! and if you can, do something for Mom involving the truck! :)  

• Like 3

Awesome Brendt!!!

I was just talking about this with my son just two days ago.

I've been so swamped with getting my house and home ready for my wedding day that every day stuff is falling behind! 

To drive the point home I said  "I haven't had time to post on the BBQ thread OR even start the next IWOYTD thread!!!"

I thank you kind sir....you can bet I'll be working on my truck this weekend...I have a bride to bring home from the church with it! :lol:

(shhhh, if any of ya'all want to crash the reception, just RSVP the reception link under reception.....)

http://mywedding.com/timandsteph2016  

Or just leave an "atta boy" in the Guestbook. ^_^  

48D

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 5

I've been so swamped with getting my house and home ready for my wedding day that every day stuff is falling behind! 

To drive the point home I said  "I haven't had time to post on the BBQ thread OR even start the next IWOYTD thread!!!"

Kind of figured ;)  still your thread brother! after you come down off cloud 9 next year your on your own :D

• Like 1

Awesome Brendt!!!

I was just talking about this with my son just two days ago.

I thank you kind sir....you can bet I'll be working on my truck this weekend...I have a bride to bring home from the church with it! :lol:

(shhhh, if any of ya'all want to crash the reception, just RSVP the reception link under reception.....)

http://mywedding.com/timandsteph2016  

Or just leave an "atta boy" in the Guestbook. ^_^  

48D

Far out man. Done!

Maybe I will rebuild carb #2 this weekend. That's about all the truck needs at this point.

I started the celebration early this year.  Cleaning up some loose ends (big and small) to get it ready for cruise season.

• Like 2

I participated a little early too. Not sure what the weather will bring on saturday and today was perfect for painting. Also have a fairly busy sat.

IMG_20160505_1606191.jpg

• Like 2

I now have a new dristrubution tube in, A new water pump on, fuel and vacuum lines on but not connected, now need fuel tank, battery, radiator, throttle linkage and then maybe be ready to time, etc and go for start up.

post-34-0-17132500-1462582314_thumb.jpegpost-34-0-24956600-1462582327_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

It's always good to see others undertaking work on their old trucks.

I got an early start to my minor project for IWOYTD as I'm working all of this weekend. I recently made up some brake lines to match the original ones which go over the diff to the rear wheel brake cylinders, so I fitted them to the 53 coupe truck yesterday afternoon. I've had all of the attaching brackets for the brake line to the chassis rails zinc-plated, so I hope to attach them to the chassis on Monday and then the brake system is complete.

There has been quite a bit of work done to the coupe truck of late so I will have to look at updating the build thread soon. Some brake line pics for now though...

post-3915-0-54416200-1462604347_thumb.jpg

post-3915-0-61008800-1462604361_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

I'm with Merle...FEF got a dusting after a blow...wood projects make LOTS of dust! SOMEDAY a separate woodshop.

• Like 1

I've been re doing one of the sides on my truck box the last couple weeks and trying to finish up the last bits to the winter project.  Owner wanted to switch out the halogen lights, front and rear for LED's, add fog lights, change shocks and struts and a fresh wheel and tire combo and parts for that just got dropped off last week.

I couldn't just SAY I 'd done something to the truck today so I did grab some sandpaper tonight and put some time in going over the outside of the driver's side of the box.  I think that side is ready for color now, need to go over the inside  of that side yet.  If it looks as good as the rest of the box, I'll consider the box ready for wood and a tailgate.  If not, I'll do it again.

• Like 2

48dodger, this is my second favorite event you host.... I am to the point that I tell Julie " honey, it's IWOYTD..." and she let's me play :D

couple weeks ago I loaded Bob up with yard debris post-6005-0-91297000-1462675306_thumb.jpg

today was burn day post-6005-0-55875000-1462675066_thumb.jpg post-6005-0-30409800-1462674981_thumb.jpg

and I was so happy I gave him a wash. I figure it is the equivalent to scratching his belly.... "who's a good little truck...." post-6005-0-22286200-1462674987_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Well I wished I had time to work on the truck, not that it needs much now..spent most of spring correcting all the issues of last year, and pretty much checked everything off. I'm so swamped right now getting our house and yard ready for sale, that all my other toys are taking a back seat..but I have logged about 500 miles on the truck since mid-April

Well I burned up a couple gallons of fuel getting big red out of a deep sleep and outside for the first time this year...

Had to 1st tow it out with my massy as the battery was pretty low........ well not really.... just joking of course! :lol:

Bob

post-302-0-46467600-1462680716_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-17259400-1462680765_thumb.jpg

post-302-0-49105400-1462680823_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Well.....I decided awhile ago to make the race truck more "street"....so I could enjoy more during the year and not just at Bonneville.

So I bought some nice "race style" seats to accommodate both me and my woman, instead of the full race seat that was just for me. Its nice to finally have a friend to ride with...lol.

I also replaced the bracket for the tube style side mirror, with the stamped steel version I picked it up from Ed a few years back. The mirror part of it came from my parts box...minus the mirror...lol. Need to find a 5 inch mirror now.

Happy IWOYTD!!!!!! You guys rock!

48D

post-340-0-59791500-1462683337_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-57979400-1462683357_thumb.jpg

Edited by 48dodger
  • Like 3

Well.....I decided awhile ago to make the race truck more "street"....so I could enjoy more during the year and not just at Bonneville.

So I bought some nice "race style" seats to accommodate both me and my woman, instead of the full race seat that was just for me. Its nice to finally have a friend to ride with...lol.

I also replaced the bracket for the tube style side mirror, with the stamped steel version I picked it up from Ed a few years back. The mirror part of it came from my parts box...minus the mirror...lol. Need to find a 5 inch mirror now.

Happy IWOYTD!!!!!! You guys rock!

48D

Me or another Ed? Because I really don't remember doing that....

well not my truck...but is on my property...it is a Dodge...used it to work, not to work on it...pulled the supports from under a two story outbuilding last week so in observance of this day, I used the truck to pull the upper structure out of the woods for access to demolish it......

sold my 59 Dodge 100 last year, the panel before that...still have the 41 International K1 but it is in deep storage in the barn.....

Me or another Ed? Because I really don't remember doing that....

Nope..it was you! I'll have to look back at your and Mark's thread about pick'n (your first trip)....you posted a picture of your take and I saw the mirror arm. I have a few, but yours is the best shape.

48D

Nope..it was you! I'll have to look back at your and Mark's thread about pick'n (your first trip)....you posted a picture of your take and I saw the mirror arm. I have a few, but yours is the best shape.

48D

Well glad to see you're getting some use out of it! I did some minor picking of my own on Friday. My project truck had a shock mount bracket that was pretty thin on the bottom. Removed one from a frame sitting behind the cabin and its quite useable. Of course I found it the day after I painted all my parts but whatcha gonna do? It'll have to get painted round II

• Like 1

Had a good day in Georgia to do a little work on the Woody.  It has never, at least to my knowledge, had exterior mirror(s).  I added a couple of mirrors designed for a Jeep.  Since the doors are made of wood, I just modified the shafts a little and used the supplied bracket to attach them to the doors.  They work great.  I think with a little work they probably could be hinge mounted.  

As a matter of fact I have seen some Jeep mirrors that hinge mount with a nice long vertical shaft.  Those would probably work also, but the hinge mount would have to be modified to fit a PH hinge.  

I don't have a picture of my set up, but will add one soon.

This a photo of the type mirror I used.  "Smittybilt CJ Side Mirrors 7617"

Mike