New member intro

Mister B

Just joined up and purchased a 48 Dodge D24 4 door a week ago. Decided I would get connected to a group that has knowledge of these vehicles as I am out of my element. Not new to older cars and repairing them, just never owned Mopars other than my 03 Dakota daily driver. The 48 just called to me and said, take me home and show me some love! Here's a few pics of it. Let me know what you all think. Sure I will be seeking advice from you more experienced fans later! Right now I'm too busy smiling over the fact that I have it! 

Sorry, but it seems my photos exceed the max allowed and have to figure how to resize them, (any help on how to do so is appreciated). 

• Like 1

seems the newer cameras default to a large size file.....you should be able to edit your setting to smaller pixel count but even this is getting to be quite a large format itself.  They keep upping the default size all the time.    Else....load them onto your computer, use the program paint and resize and save this size as a forum friendly copy while retaining your original size...

1 hour ago, Mister B said:

Just joined up and purchased a 48 Dodge D24 4 door a week ago. Decided I would get connected to a group that has knowledge of these vehicles as I am out of my element. Not new to older cars and repairing them, just never owned Mopars other than my 03 Dakota daily driver. The 48 just called to me and said, take me home and show me some love! Here's a few pics of it. Let me know what you all think. Sure I will be seeking advice from you more experienced fans later! Right now I'm too busy smiling over the fact that I have it! 

Sorry, but it seems my photos exceed the max allowed and have to figure how to resize them, (any help on how to do so is appreciated). 

send them to yourself from phone by email.  It should give you the option to select a small data set before the email sends 

• Like 1

Thank you all for the welcomes. I'm very glad to be here! Sure there is a wealth of knowledge floating around to be shared. Gonna work on resizing of the photos. I love my new purchase and want share it's natural beauty with all of you before I begin any work.

I'm nearly 70 and not the most computer savvy guy, but I'll get one of the grand kids on it shortly!

Welcome to the Forum, you've certainly found the right place and the right group.  I'm partial to D24s myself.  For what its worth, all the photos I post have been taken with a digital SLR camera, not a phone (just my preference).  I save them on our desktop, and post them from the desktop as well.  When I open them I can access a drop down that lets me resize the photos, one of the options is specifically for attaching to emails.  I always save them in a separate file because they sometimes prove useful later.  I imagine photos taken with a phone can be saved to a computer as well, and the same procedure followed for them.  That's just how I resize and post photos.  Certainly not the only way, I don't atone to the iPhone for everything mantra.  I used to send photos as attachments to messages from myself, to myself, and they would automatically be resized, my "new" method cuts out a few steps. 

Where the heck are those grand kids when you need them! Still having trouble with the photo resizing, but I "WILL" get it sorted out soon. I have been looking through the forums just to see what mods can and have been done to cars like I have.  I have seen topics ranging from front shock relocation, adding disc brakes, rack and pinion steering and V8 swaps. I'm in no way opposed to upgrades that will improve the performance or handling of my car, but want to do them in sensible manner. In fact, my bias ply tires are somewhat dry rotted and worn, giving a death wobble effect over 40  mph, so I plan to start there. What's a good replacement radial  size that some of you are running?

Like the idea of the shock relocation since it is said to improve the ride and handling. Not real good at extensive fabrication, due to limited welding skills. The F1 shock mount method seems pretty simple to do though. As far as lowering, I favor the swap to Aerostar springs over cutting 70 plus year stockers.

I've only has the car a week or so and plan to give it a good looking over to see what condition all the systems are in before touching a thing to it. Almost forgot! Should my flat 6 turn out to be worn out, how involved is a V8 swap?  Would a SBF 302 and C4 be a good choice? I know that most like to keep it all Mopar, but it makes since to me to use what you on hand! Not worried about hurting the resale value as I don't intend to sell it. ANY and all opinions are welcomed and appreciated!

Swapping in an 8 in will involve fabrication in all aspects of the build and many added $$$$$. As far as suspension goes, I would look into direct replacement gas shocks and radial tires which will greatly improve your ride and handling at a reasonable price. Refreshing the front suspension will give you a surprisingly good ride with all required parts readily available. Steering, brakes and wiring should be in the top three. Brakes would be an area where original equipment can be altered/ updated for a better safety margin in the build. I would stick with the flathead and get a reputable rebuilder to assess it since it is the key ingredient in driving this old iron ( good choice of hop up parts make them even more spectacular). l  am doing a complete body off restoration which is advancing well and in finishing stages.Time spent on it becomes a blur! (good thing I'm retired and this has been my hobby for decades). In my opinion these old Chrysler Corp. cars were  a superior build back then and are still enjoyable with much of their original engineering intact. All in all it boils down to individual preferences combined with budget and in my opinin there aint anything wrong with any of em! 

All the Best & Much Success!

hi Mr B

if you are trying to post many images at once it will ask you to resize. Try posting one picture at a time and it should work. Click on choose files and a 3 choice menu will come up.  1. take photo , 2. photo library or 3. Browse (your computer files). Click one of the 3 choices. Chose one picture in the window that displays them and click done. The photo chosen will load to the dialog box. Repeat for each pic you want to include.The following pic came from my photo library on my tablet. Meet Carlos my garage assistant. hope this helps M

C1EDED5E-A5D1-490C-A91E-FF726F0AE393.jpeg

Edited by Marcel Backs
more info