What was the most unique/coolest/weirdest thing you found when taking apart your car?

Captain Bucket

When taking out my back seat I found a Dr.pepper bottle cap from the 40's, it has cork inside it :D also, Dr.pepper is my favorite soft drink so I keep it as a good luck souvenir :D

good luck would have been finding an un-opened bottle to Dr Pepper..the ole 10-2-4 bottles..remember them well..

a cast iron plaque of a certain founder of a certain college and am sure it may well have been a trophy from some frat night physically removed from some statue or bust...I have not check in a long time but I gave it to my mom who thought of it more as art than anything else, should still be at home, when next I go home I will get that plaque and bring it to my place..that would have been some 43 years ago..

Found this in my truck. Looked it up on google, while a collectable not worth much, but it does add some interest.

Will trade for a ''52 Dodge Truck grill in any condition. :D

post-23-1358536811131_thumb.jpg

post-23-1358536811218_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

When I took my heater apart on the P-15 there were 3 pennies in there, probably dropped in through the defroster ducts by some kid. They were all dated before 1950. I'm going to keep them in the "Jockey box" for good luck when I get her going.

:eek::D

I found some surprising "tools" under the seat of the 1951 Nash: ca. 2feet long heavy steel bar with a handle made by wrapping textile tape on the other end and an ice peak... The car came from Phoenix AZ. I decided not to trace back the history of the owners, though...

Looks like your car has a very dark past. Reminds me of one of those Elmore Leonard novels.

I found old racing forms under the seat of my 49 Plymouth from a horse track in Maryland. Also, a 1943 dime and some ancient looking plastic game tokens. When we were kids, we used to play in the local salvage yard. My brother once found an 1875 silver dollar in the back seat of a car. I was more likely to find old notices of non-payment of child support or old ladies' bloomers. Either that or I went straight to the car with the wasps' nest under the hood.

1952 Chevrolet: Pot seeds and a roach clip down the front seat crack. Vendor had told me he was selling the car on behalf of his son ($80 in 1972) who was in the slammer for a few months.

1926 Ford T: Original set of tire chains under the rear seat. I've used them once or twice each winter.

1947 Dodge: Interesting papers from the first ownership... 1952 Registration, 1952 Export Permit (at that time, apparently, your vehicle was inspected as it left Canada and extra equipment was duly noted — any new extra equipment would be subject to duty upon your return to Canada), 1960 Proof of Insurance.

post-2848-1358536811433_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585368114774_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585368115492_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585368115964_thumb.jpg

post-2848-13585368116386_thumb.jpg

Joe / Uncle-Peka: ". . .2 feet long heavy steel bar with a handle made by wrapping textile tape on the other end and an ice pick... The car came from Phoenix AZ."

Guys, those were hunting tools for ROAD RUNNERS! Don't be so paranoid!!!:D

Not "inside" the car, but still technically "in" the car - pastic wadding from a 12 guage shotgun shell came out of the rocker when I was fixing a hole under the driver's side rear door. Didn't know what made the hole until the wad fell out. All the shot had already come out a long time before, and the wad fell out when I was hammering around the hole to straighten it enough to weld it. Not very exciting, but it was a surprise. All my rides had been pretty well "cleaned" out before I got them - unless you count mouse poop.

1952 Chevrolet: Pot seeds and a roach clip down the front seat crack. Vendor had told me he was selling the car on behalf of his son ($80 in 1972) who was in the slammer for a few months.

1926 Ford T: Original set of tire chains under the rear seat. I've used them once or twice each winter.

1947 Dodge: Interesting papers from the first ownership... 1952 Registration, 1952 Export Permit (at that time, apparently, your vehicle was inspected as it left Canada and extra equipment was duly noted — any new extra equipment would be subject to duty upon your return to Canada), m1960 Proof of Insurance.

Came across one in my father`s stuff. He borrowed his younger brother`s almost new 1948 Studebaker Champion when he and my mother went on their honeymoon. While in Minneapolis he picked up a radio (much cheaper in the U.S.) and brought it back to Canada.

At the border he declared the radio and paid the necessary fees and taxes (still cheaper than buying a radio in Canada!) and was on his way. If the radio had been installed in the U.S., my father would have had to pay those charges on the radio PLUS the value of the Studebaker!

That law was still in effect in the 1970`s. A friend went south in his new GMC van and had a stereo installed. Got back to the border and declared a number of items, although not the stereo. It would have been fine had he mailed the owners manual to himself instead of placing it in the glove box.

The border agent found the English-only manual and asked my friend if he was sure there was nothing else to declare. When he replied no, nothing else, he was asked to explain the unilingual stereo manual. He was nailed the taxes and duties on the stereo as well as the new GMC van!

And because he tried to smuggle the stereo across the border the van was impounded. When asked how he was to get home, the border agent gave him directions to the nearest Greyhound bus station.

(As Canada is a bilingual country, all manuals, packaging, etc. must be in English and French.)

I found a pair of "stop" stop lights under the seat of a '52 Cranbrook. I machined out a license plate bracket for them and added it to the '40 to increase the visibility.

post-7270-13585368116949_thumb.jpg

the '49 1-ton had been parked many years in Western Oklahoma, then a decade more in the Panhandle near Shamrock before I dragged it home. It had buckets of Panhandle sand in the cab, so I swept out as much as I could after removing the spare parts and bricks in the floor board. There was a piece of low pile carpet in lieu of a floor mat, and it was plenty old as it fell apart when I tried to peel it out of the cab. Once I got it scraped out, there was more caked-on sand to sweep out...and on the passenger side of the floor board, cemented into that sand, was the original ignition key--JACKPOT! :cool:

the '49 1-ton had been parked many years in Western Oklahoma, then a decade more in the Panhandle near Shamrock before I dragged it home. It had buckets of Panhandle sand in the cab, so I swept out as much as I could after removing the spare parts and bricks in the floor board. There was a piece of low pile carpet in lieu of a floor mat, and it was plenty old as it fell apart when I tried to peel it out of the cab. Once I got it scraped out, there was more caked-on sand to sweep out...and on the passenger side of the floor board, cemented into that sand, was the original ignition key--JACKPOT! :cool:

Love it! I know all about the panhandle sand, I live about 80 miles east of Shamrock.

After I pulled my '40 from the field in 1968 I found a small metal container (like an aspirin box) under the back seat with a couple of condoms in it . None of my wife's relatives would own up to whose they were. I still have it!

Phil

After I pulled my '40 from the field in 1968 I found a small metal container (like an aspirin box) under the back seat with a couple of condoms in it . None of my wife's relatives would own up to whose they were. I still have it!

Phil

Hope they weren't used!:eek: