What was the most unique/coolest/weirdest thing you found when taking apart your car?

Captain Bucket

Found a wooden wedge, I think to chock the wheels when changing a tire, had Plymouth markings on it. This was after I cleaned out dozens of walnuts, car was from California.

Our Terraplane sat in a barn for @ 12 years before we got it, we've had it 10-years now, and still everytime I have to monkey around with the underside I get showered with walnut, acorn, and pecan shells from a squirrel's old stash in the frame.....even after several concerted efforts to clean them all out.

pecans in NY..not what I would think to be a common nut..now a filbert (hazel nut if you will) I can see these in there by the handfuls for certain.

The car did its barn time in southern Illinois (Effingham). It was sold new in Terre Haute, IN. Your right about nuts in NY, tho - most of them seem to be in Albany (the capitol)....nyuk, nyuk.

When I started to disassemble my '39 Plym conv coupe I thought it was very surprising that the glove compartment 'box' was in excellent shape, in spite of the fact that the car had sat in an open field in Montana for 38 years.

When I actually got around to taking the dash out of the car I found that the glove box was actually an old square one gallon Prestone anti-freeze can that had been very cleaverly trimmed to fit the dash opening.

The car was very complete except for the knob for the vacuum switch to operate the power top.. As I was cleaning the body out I sweep all of the debris into a five gallon bucket which I sat aside for awhile..

Before throwing the contents of the bucket away I sifted the contents through a piece of window screen.. I was pleasantly surprised to find the small knob/handle and screw for the vacuum switch....

post-6666-13585368154508_thumb.jpg

I found a school photo of the original owner's child from 1949 under the back seat. 3rd grade it said on the back.

I must say though that the most interesting I ever heard of was from the Fiero board that I also am a member. One guy posted photos of a box he found in the trunk that had several men's magazines and a selection of vibrators:eek:

This is a truck I parted out in eastern Oregon. Quite the rodent mess.

Edited by Dodgeb4ya
Picture missing!

I don't really remember if I found any small items in the convertible or not,

but there was a batch of stainless trim in the trunk when I bought it.

The seller said "the trim is in the trunk". I pulled it out when I got home

and found it was NOT for a Plymouth, but perhaps a Chevy of about the

same vintage.

In the 54 Plymouth I bought about 3 years ago, there were in the ashtray

some change, some Vess soda pop bottle caps, and an old ticket to the

movie theater in Joplin.

100_8140.jpg

In the trunk was a cassette tape of Simon and Garfunkle.............

It wasn't until I put the cab of the truck in the air, that I saw what the glove box was made of.....a 1 gal coleman lighter fluid can. It was so nicely cut and trimmed, it fit perfectly.....I just left it. lol

48D

Not a flathead, but I was putting a new heater core in my 64 Fury over the weekend. I pulled the heater box, and when I took it apart, I found the remains of a cigarette, a book of matches, and an ink pen warped from the heat.

When I took the car apart originally, I found a bottle up in the springs under the seat. It still had part of the plain brown wrapper around it. The car was the yard car in a junk yard in Colorado, and I guess the parts guy needed a little warm-up on those cool mornings.

post-309-13585368408458_thumb.jpg

post-309-1358536840922_thumb.jpg