OK, how many "young" guys do we have on this forum??

BobT-47P15

I've been participating on this forum for a few years now, and know who

some of the members are - and have met a few in person.

Most of those I'm acquainted with are a little "older".....like from mid 40s

to their 60s or 70s. Don't want to offend anyone who is sensitive

about their age (I'm 67)......but I got to wondering how many

"younger" fellows and/or ladies are fans of and own some old Mopars.

I don't know that this exact question has been asked before.

I think it's really great to see younger folks, like Andrew (Beatles65), who

just added a P15 coupe to his already nifty car collection, enjoying the

hobby.

So, anyone from the "younger" end of the age bracket (maybe mid

40s down) - how about letting us know who you are and possibly

why you're interested in these cool old Chrysler products.:)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been participating on this forum for a few years now, and know who

some of the members are - and have met a few in person.

Most of those I'm acquainted with are a little "older".....like from mid 40s

to their 60s or 70s. Don't want to offend anyone who is sensitive

about their age (I'm 67)......but I got to wondering how many

"younger" fellows and/or ladies are fans of and own some old Mopars.

I don't know that this exact question has been asked before.

I think it's really great to see younger folks, like Andrew (Beatles65), who

just added a P15 coupe to his already nifty car collection, enjoying the

hobby.

So, anyone from the "younger" end of the age bracket (maybe mid

40s down) - how about letting us know who you are and possibly

why you're interested in these cool old Chrysler products.:)

I just made the cut! im 35 and happy to be in the younger group in this one! im usually the older guy in all my concerts and shows.. .:D

I feel like a famous person right now. hahaha Thanks a lot BobT-47P15!!! But yea it would be great to find out who the other members are that are of the younger generation on this forum.

Here is a little about me.

I am 19 years old and have been collecting cars for 2 years and tractors for 5 years. I hope to one day open a Classic Car and Tractor/Implement Museum. That is my dream and I plan on achieving it. I love old cars and tractors and I cannot get enough of them. You are probably asking the question "where does he get the money to buy all these things?" I will tell you nothing is handed to me as I work hard (Detasseling) to purchase these things.

I love the old car hobby and the camaraderie that comes with it. There are just so many good people out there that make this hobby so enjoyable, and someone has to keep the hobby going so I figure that I will!

Thanks again!!!

From Nebraska, Andrew.

I'm 37. I've been around old cars/trucks for as long as I can remember. Dad always had a '30s Express Truck before he started collecting cars. My '46 P15S more door was my first car. We've been a lot of places, and made a lot of moves w/ that car, MN -> AR -> MN -> CO -> MO, in the last 10 years.

Beatles65: Detasseling? Now I know what that is, wonder how many more do? That is better than cleaning out chicken coupes, but not by much! I've certainly enjoyed your pictures, than you.

i'll turn 30 in january. boo-hoo.:rolleyes:

newest car i ever owned was a 75 opel kadett c.

proud to say i never had a car with a factory installed right mirror or savety belts in the back :D

the P-10 is my first american car, and the oldest i ever owned so far.

i chose it because i fell in love with it the first time i saw it on a photo...

20101026090030687_sddnnbkpwk.jpg

love this board!

fred

p.s. the mirror on the photo is aftermarket... hehe.

Beatles65: Detasseling? Now I know what that is, wonder how many more do? That is better than cleaning out chicken coupes, but not by much! I've certainly enjoyed your pictures, than you.

I dont think we are supposed to discuss this corny sex stuff:cool:

Now if you want to discuss AI palpation I will go elbow to elbow with you.:eek:

49 now, but got the D-24 when I was 31. Been visiting this site since I can't remember when (what's that first thing to go?), but easily @ 10-years or so if I remember right. Where'd the time go?...and the car still isn't "done" :)

I was wondering how someone could make a living detasseling. :confused: It seems like a very short seasonal job. It must pay quite well.

Merle

I'm about to turn 38. When I bought my 54, in 89, it was 35 years old. Being only 17 then, I thought that was incredibly old. Now I'm older than that.

The newest vehicle I've ever had in my name was a 81 Honda motorcycle that put me in the hospital for three months, and made me limp with a bad leg for the rest of my life. I think I'll stay away from the new stuff too...

I am 33, loved cars my whole life!! And bikes to for that matter!!! Just got a P-20 1950 this summer traded my bike for it!! Ran great, drove great, needs paint and interior work! but is solid which is rare for Northwestern Ontario. Just always loved old things and how they worked

Well, I think I bearly fit into Bob's criteria. I'm 43 (not quite mid-40's yet ;) ) and I've always been a Mopar fan since growing up around them. My family always had Chryslers or Dodges. I've had my truck since '06 which would have put me at 39 when I finally entered "the hobby".

Merle

I'm 19.

Got my first car, a 1974 Chevelle Malibu when I was 15. My dad and I worked on it all winter restoring it, and 2 days shy of having it one year, it got stolen out of my driveway, never to be seen again. About a month after that, I got my 1974 Monte Carlo Landau with the insurance pay off. Got my 1998 Monte Carlo LS in May 2009 for a daily driver. And once again, I inherited the Plymouth from my grandpa.