1951 Dodge ranch truck

We had a 1951 Dodge 1/2 ton on the ranch when I was a kid. It’s the truck I learned to drive. In the ‘70’s, the truck was sold by uncle to a local kid that drove the wheels off of it, then parked it on their ranch. 

I found out that the truck has been sitting outside for the past 45 yrs. I got to talking to the current owner, and he agreed to sell it back to me - it needs everything.  But, no major dents or rust throughs. 

For $400, I got another project, and this one has sentimental value.  Now I have to lube the doors and hood to get them opening, break the brake shoes loose from the drums, and drag it home - only about a mile. 
IMG_8695.jpeg.b2fb060297d189bc546d9f391b25af82.jpeg

• Like 4

Thats pretty cool, love the story on it and looks pretty complete.

Looking forward to a build thread on it .... love to follow the progress. The non paint looks like my truck when I got mine. .... just no paint left.

Was a lot of work to get paint on it.

NICE...them extra holes in the bumper make me wonder if'n that buggy had a brush guard at one time...and since the underhood wiring appears intact, I'm guessing that some cats took shelter in the truck on occasion.

You can’t beat the price and the Texas sun has the paint striped off. It may have a 51 title, but the dash is a 52-53. I’m not knowledgeable in B-Series, just an opinion. The chrome center on the grill and vent windows may just indicate a Deluxe cab with electric wipers and two visors. That’s a nice project to bring back home. Your last project was a Chevy wagon, how did that turn out? It seems that if a person bides their time, a good deal will eventually turn up. It worked for me, in a recent 48 Ply Club Coupe for a 41 Dodge truck trade. The Coupe needed everything, I’m driving the truck daily, after changing a few cobbled changes that were done to the truck. Rick D.

9’ Box -

One thing I am not short on is projects.  I am in the the very final stage of gremlin chasing on the 67 Barracuda convertible. 

Meanwhile, the 54 Chevy wagon has its drivetrain in operating order. I won’t pull it apart till I am confident the Barracuda can leave the shop. 

After the Wagon, it will either be an e-body Barracuda (I have 2), or the 51 truck. 

BTW, truck originally had a blue cab and a black bed. 

I remember a few years ago Bob, someone was giving me a hard time about having a few trucks….. hmmmm 😂 cool story indeed. (now if you would just make it to the bbq in CA…..)

my 53 had that electric starter doohickey on the firewall also but, I switched it and the starter out. 

This will be fun 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 9 foot box said:

You can’t beat the price and the Texas sun has the paint striped off. It may have a 51 title, but the dash is a 52-53. I’m not knowledgeable in B-Series, just an opinion. 

Actually the dash center badge makes it a 51 or 52, the 53 had the plastic "DODGE" badge.

As for the truck project in general, brigning home and gettting back on the road some family history is fun!

17 hours ago, Bobacuda said:

After the Wagon, it will either be an e-body Barracuda (I have 2), or the 51 truck. 

BTW, truck originally had a blue cab and a black bed. 

Gotta be the truck! That will be a great project! I also think it would look very nice in its original colours.