Don Coatney
Go to solution Solved by Ulu,

The Dude....

The Dude DT Don Knotts.jpg

• Like 4

8a49eac1f48c7687f39c7f61d957f52e.jpg

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 7:03 PM, JBNeal said:

I always think things like this are just too cool to end up in a scrap heap or foundry somewhere, yet, where are they now?  Can you imagine dropping the kids off at soccer practice in something like this?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BigDaddyO said:

12798906_10205942673185679_4829660189183755285_n.jpg?oh=999c3f75f18132e2e94af63b2edc1916&oe=5888DAD5

What car is this?  Something diff about it.  Looks more robust than a stock car to me.  I'd guess 42 Dodge but I thought the rear glass would be flat in what appears to be a Biz Coupe.  Great looking car, none the less.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrwrstory said:

What car is this?  Something diff about it.  Looks more robust than a stock car to me.  I'd guess 42 Dodge but I thought the rear glass would be flat in what appears to be a Biz Coupe.  Great looking car, none the less.

I would say 42 dodge club coupe. Slightly bigger rear side window and then curved rear glass.

1 hour ago, mrwrstory said:

It's the blacked out hubcaps.

I agree with you two that it is a '42 Dodge D-22 Club Coupe for the following five reasons;

1) Fenders do not sweep into front doors.

2) Rear fenders don't conceal tires like D-24s.

3)  Fluid Drive notation on bumper (not a D-25 and it does have a New Hampshire plate).

4) Stop and Taillights are different than a D-24.

5) It's a '42 BLACKOUT car, note - no plating on stop & tailights, and trunk handle housings. Also the body & rocker moldings do not have a shiny stainless finish.

Walt