How Many Pilot House Trucks Have Survived?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know where else to put this, but my nephew seems to be going thru some of my father's old slides.  In the slides of a train wreck in my home town I see this gem!  Taken in 1959.

COE_zpsec94b78a.jpg

• Like 1

One ton dually express trucks are extremely rare.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, new to the forum. I have 2.

359AF and F0108

The 359 sat in a shed for 30 years, the 108 in a paddock outside for 30 years.

Currently getting the 359 roadworthy. The 108 is in storage for now.

Hope I get it right attaching pics.

Regards, Martyn

Bothtrucks_zps5c8a3be9.jpg

LittleTruck_zps6efc04bc.jpg

P1060911_zps83bffbd1.jpg

• Like 1

How come the steering wheels are on the worng side ? Oh, I see... G'day then mate and welcome. Watch out for this guy.

2014-12-10_0702_zpsa75b0e7e.png

Even as as off-duty policeman you can see his angry lights flashing. (DesotoDav from Down-Under)  Don't get caught speeding with you trucks when they are finished !

I guess he's alright though mate, he does av a very nice Ute.

2014-12-10_0713_zpsb0abe3ea.png

Welcome,

Hank  :)

Question for you Aussies? When a new guy makes a posting how do you know if he is a mate or a bloke? ;)

Everyone is a mate here in Oz  Don, and if he's not a bloke he's probably a sheila !

I recall the moment of that photo quite well Hank - that's where your wife kicked my butt in that motorcycle racing arcade game at Catalina Island! I'd love to come back there again for the BBQ next year, but wifey has plans for us to go to Hawaii for a couple of weeks instead.

Welcome aboard Marty. It's great to see that you're up to the roadworthy stage with the 3-59.

• Like 1

Everyone is a mate here in Oz  Don, and if he's not a bloke he's probably a sheila !

The downward progression is mate (close friend), chappe (acquaintance) , bloke (stupid or . . . ) , bloody bloke ( **%@#>>>++!!# ). 

Hmmm. Take an Australian's explanation of Australian slang or an American's explanation. Decisions, decisions, decisions. . . :)

• Like 2

Hi all, thanks for the kind welcome.

For my money every bloke's a bloke, he might not be your mate but I'd call him mate anyway, even if he's not a good bloke. Got it?

Hank, I think you'll find my steering wheel's in the right place, it's the cab that's not where you'd expect it!  :)

Will keep you all posted with progress if you're interested.

Also modifying and rebuilding the following. It's a 1959 FC Holden. It had an FE grille when I bought it but it's a later model:

Picture191_zps38fd9279.jpg

Picture001_zps9072847c.jpg

A lot higher than I'd spend on a truck that admittedly needs floor work, maybe a lot of floor work, A pillar and cab corners.  A lot of it looks pretty good.  Another half dozen pictures and a bit more info would be nice.  I didn't see any doors or tailgate and it doesn't have the corner glass.  I'm probably out of touch in putting a price on these but half the asking would be top dollar for me if it's complete and only if I really wanted it.  Without the corner glass, I don't.

It's just amazing how much better these trucks look when lowered. I removed one leaf all around, your method is a lot easier. Great looking truck., very nice touches you added that made a huge difference. Sometimes a little here and a little there and bazingo! 

Don's right, (see below) the above is a personal preference. To my eye, the truck is visually less top heavy which I like but it does remove the original truck look. 

Edited by pflaming