what did you do today?

Los_Control

Not sure if there is already a thread like this one started, Have not seen it if there is.

Sometimes we need to see those special touches, or a place to post them.

Here is what I helped do today, Should be asking if you all could say a prayer for Corey, he has a 300+ mile trip to go.

prayer might be the only way he makes it. He does have a heavy enough uhaul diesel box van to pull it with, but a long way to go.

Is a 4x6 across the frame, screw jacks on it lifting the rear end and putting the weight onto the trailer. He then used heavy straps across the bed tying it to the trailer .... might make it just fine. then again ...

IMG_20161127_113112268.jpg

IMG_20161127_121148676_HDR.jpg

13 minutes ago, Plymouthy Adams said:

final ops test before firing up the boiler on the hydronic heat system...a welcome relief from the computer hard drive failure last evening...

I feel for ya on the hard drive, I hope you had all your goodies backed up somewhere.

And will let ya know if he made it home safely.

:o!!!!

Sorry for anyone who is on the road with him!!

DJ

plymouthyadams, I in no way claim to be a expert anything. For fun I build computer opperating systems from scratch. Using linux, am forced to use windows at times.

Good chance with a little diagnostics. if your pc crashed and wont boot backup, can maybe pull the hard drive and connect it to another pc and retrieve any data you need.

But if the hard drive is truly bad, very little can help it.

Did he tell uhaul that was what he was going to put on the trailer?? And they still let him use their stuff?? Every time I try to haul more than a modern cracker box they freak out and won't let me, and it's not because of my tow vehicle

Well, if he made it home, then what lesson did he learn? LOL  To my way of thinking, he must have made the trip at night, I just can't imagine the HP would not stop him.  But then again, it may look worse then it was, there isn't that much weight/ proportionately, past the cab and the engine is way up front. Whatever, sans its a Chevy, nice truck . 

IMG_20161127_121148676_HDR.jpg

Edited by pflaming
spelling

1 hour ago, pflaming said:

Well, if he made it home, then what lesson did he learn? LOL  To my way of thinking, he must have made the trip at night, I just can't imagine the HP would not stop him.  But then again, it may look worse then it was, there isn't that much weight/ proportionately, past the cab and the engine is way up front. Whatever, sans its a Chevy, nice truck . 

the weight of that truck is definitely not balanced on the trailer.  Take a look at the axles on the trailer. Rear axle is bottomed out on it's travel and the loading ramps are almost on the ground if not there already.  That load is lifting the back of the box van, not applying pressure down.  Did he even load anything in the back of the van.  Accident waiting to happen, hoping it doesn't, and unfortunately some innocents will be involved as well. 

• Like 1

That guy should have his licenses pulled for even attempting this.  He is an IDIOT.  Way to much tail weight on such a short wheel base trailer.  It will whip back and forth at increased speed. My guess would be 40 MPH    I haul loads with trailers daily and have pushed the limits at times but this is just being stupid.  I am glad my family is no where new that load. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure that is  a 2000 camry on that trailer. I will add that after the truck was loaded, pulled it around back and loaded ug 16 truck tires and wheels, and some extra parts for the truck lying around.

And after moving it it looked much better then it does in the photo.

Trailer is sitting in a low spot on the driveway in the photo.

Trailer is 12' long and wheel base is 13'4" There is no way I would pull this trailer, but it actually may get him where he is going. And yes, he waited til just about dark to head home and took the back way over white pass to go slow. He did add lites on the truck as the lights on trailer was hidden.

Will know later when I get back from my DR appointment how the trip went. May just call the local sherif and see if they have him , before calling his home.

2 hours ago, Los_Control said:

Pretty sure that is  a 2000 camry on that trailer. I will add that after the truck was loaded, pulled it around back and loaded ug 16 truck tires and wheels, and some extra parts for the truck lying around.

And after moving it it looked much better then it does in the photo.

Trailer is sitting in a low spot on the driveway in the photo.

Trailer is 12' long and wheel base is 13'4" There is no way I would pull this trailer, but it actually may get him where he is going. And yes, he waited til just about dark to head home and took the back way over white pass to go slow. He did add lites on the truck as the lights on trailer was hidden.

Will know later when I get back from my DR appointment how the trip went. May just call the local sherif and see if they have him , before calling his home.

If I had a friend stupid enough to do this he would no longer be my friend. What to **** does waiting until about dark have to do with the safety factor of this load? Do you have a lot of friends this stupid?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Don Coatney said:

If I had a friend stupid enough to do this he would no longer be my friend. What to **** does waiting until about dark have to do with the safety factor of this load? Do you have a lot of friends this stupid?

Not sure where you missed the part that we sold the truck and this is the kid that showed up. Never seen him before in my life, he knows a friend of a friend of a cousin ....

While working with the kid, he earned my respect.  He owns 3 other big trucks, a 59 ford coe, 56 chevy dump truck. He knew what he was coming for. The pictures of his shop was pretty nice. He wanted more space. He raised the foundation under the shop, 6 feet in the air. Would I do this? No. I am a carpenter and would have raised the roof.

No idea why he did what he did, but I assume was a reason for it, and he did it.

Tell you what MR Coatney, is friends like this that we meet through life, the ones that get the job done with a can do attitude. These are the friends I want on my team.

The cry babies like yourself, you go over there on the other team k?

If anybody can complete this job, Corey can do it. He has the skills, intelligence to know he is in deep. He will do what is needed to get that rig home without causing harm or injury.

Really sorry I posted this photo while in the process  of strapping down the truck. It really did look much better when he left. By then I was to tired to go take a picture.

But is always funny to see the reactions of all the different people on this board, how we grew up different and as adults we have different views.

But hey, I love that other people have other ideas and strengths, what makes us all stronger as a group.

• Like 1

Had I come up behind a load like that in the picture, I would have called 911 and followed from a distance. 

Sounds like someone is pushing their luck, but more importantly, endangering innocent motorists through their lack of consideration for others safety. 

• Like 3