Dodge truck engine id

I would measure the head to see if it is 23" or 25"

I do not know if engines in Canada are identified differently then USA ..... Using your numbers on this site I would guess it is a 46-48 Dodge car 218 or 230 CI

Is interesting that the field for cubic inch is blank on D25 .... yet the number lands in the middle of 230 CI engines ..... I do not know what that means.

Measure the head to determine 23" or 25" then measure the stroke and would tell you if it is a 218 or 230 assuming it is a 23" engine.

https://www.t137.com/registry/help/otherengines/otherengines.php

I have a 49 Dodge truck and the engine # starts with T for truck.

D is Dodge car.

P is Plymouth

If it is 25 inch it could be one of several sizes 237 up to 251  I dont remember if there was a smaller than 237.  If you have the little plug over I think it was the last cylinder you might be able to using a long rod turn the crank till you come upon bottom stroke and then turn it up till it stops climbing carefully.  you have to measure carefully and I would do it with a long smooth rod one guy turns wile the other holds it straight up as there is mabe 1/4 inch between some of the different stroke lengths.  The Canadians used the Dodge trucks for phone service up until about 1968  you should have a date stamp near the distributor hole look for that?  If you get a length I can look it up for you.  Bob Harrison

Message Eric Bannerman with this information.....

399805196_10223091131043419_7685612969215006009_n.jpg.b5e2657b11704c746424ea4e825cc45b.jpg

1 hour ago, Robert Harrison said:

If it is 25 inch it could be one of several sizes 237 up to 251  I dont remember if there was a smaller than 237.  If you have the little plug over I think it was the last cylinder you might be able to using a long rod turn the crank till you come upon bottom stroke and then turn it up till it stops climbing carefully.  you have to measure carefully and I would do it with a long smooth rod one guy turns wile the other holds it straight up as there is mabe 1/4 inch between some of the different stroke lengths.  The Canadians used the Dodge trucks for phone service up until about 1968  you should have a date stamp near the distributor hole look for that?  If you get a length I can look it up for you.  Bob Harrison

There is a 218 also. Different exact CI than the 23" 218. One is like 217.8 and the other 218.1 

• 2 weeks later...