Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


lostviking last won the day on September 22 2019

lostviking had the most liked content!

About lostviking

  • Rank
    Senior Member, have way too much spare time on my hands

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    San Diego, CA
  • Interests
    Cars, trucks, motorcycles
  • My Project Cars
    1946 WD15

Contact Methods

  • Biography
    Traveled a lot
  • Occupation


  • Location
    San Diego
  • Interests
    Mopars, Harleys...geek stuff

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. So, many have done this to get a modern rear and brakes under their trucks. Mine is a 46 WD15. Right now it sits way up in the rear, and for a 3/4 ton I can understand that. I'm never going to load it like that again. I wanted to ask what leaf springs people are using when they do the swap. Mine are 75 years old, they need to be replaced anyway. I don't want to just buy another set of stock ones, then take out leafs to get them down. Any suggestions? Thanks.
  2. Not really. I don't like the idea of cutting part of one frame off and welding it to mine after doing the same. The Fatman IFS can be undone, since there are no changes to the frame other than some welds and fish plates. Chopping off the front of my frame is not. I know some like this approach. I see it as something that was done when there were no alternatives. I do like all Mopar, and the brakes on the Fatman are not, but that's not much of a problem for me.
  3. After a lot of thought, I have decided to sell off my two motors (one running in the truck, the other in pieces) and transmissions (one in the truck, the other a rebuilt I got with the truck). When I do the front end, which I will be doing, I'll set it up for a sb Mopar. I also plan on a Cherokee 8.25 rear end. Depending on tire diameter, either 3.55 or 3.73. The later seems to be a lot more common. Thanks for all comments.
  4. Wow, those are batshit crazy expensive. I'm looking on ebay for some Stromberg BXOV-2 carbs. I got that from another forum as a recommendation. Same website suggested that two stock carbs might be too rich, but then what's the diff also. Rejet. If I can get two matched Strombergs I'll think about it, otherwise I'll be looking for another stock one I guess.
  5. I frankly don't know anything about the various 1 barrel carbs. I'd like to use the Offy dual 1 barrel intake on my 230 (after the rebuild), but I don't know what carbs to use. Should I find another one like the single that is on the motor now? Is there a better choice? TIA.
  6. No worries, this is a social website. Thanks for the replies. I don't see any problem with a sb Mopar either. I've read about plenty of them being done. I know there is room, without cutting the firewall. I don't really need to worry about the steering box either as the Fatman front end is rack and pinion.
  7. I'm thinking hard about putting a Fatman IFS and a Cherokee rear end in my truck (1946 WD15). I want to be able to drive it out of town, not just on side streets. I'm also thinking of a new transmission, either a T5 or A833 OD. The question is do I just go for it and change the motor too, or rebuild the original block (as a 230, since I have the crank and rods)? I like the flathead motor, it's smooth and strong with a few mods at least. But a much newer design would probably be the last motor this truck ever sees for me at least. It's not like I'd be holding onto it still being ori
  8. Its your truck, but I think you are glossing over the part that THEY will issue you the metal tab the stickers must be affixed to. You home made one is not legal, and it never will be. The law specifically states they will issue the metal tab, the part you cut out of context refers to where THAT tab is to be mounted. Your truck. I'm sure it will fly OUT OF CA, until someone wants to be a d_ck to you.
  9. There are specific rules. Here it is from the horses mouth. Pretty simple, and entirely flexible. You must use the supplied tag well. It must be attached as instructed. This wasn't reportedly said by someone who doesn't make the rules anyway. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/handbook/vehicle-industry-registration-procedures-manual-2/special-plates/year-of-manufacture-yom-license-plates/
  10. Interesting build and dyno on a Jeep 4.0 stroked using a Jeep 4.2 crank.
  11. Actually, that's not legal. CA provides a small "tab" that has to be attached to the plate. That's the only legal way. I don't know if you'd get away with it out of state or not, but in CA you would not.
  12. Looking online, I found an article by the company...that did this on a 47 1/2 Ton. They did move the radiator forward of the stock mount, but none of it looked that hard (for someone who can weld, unlike me). You could contact them. I read it a few weeks ago, so I don't have the link right now, but Google is your friend.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Terms of Use