Please Read The Update Announcement... ×

Stress... The bodys reaction to the mind overriding the urge to choke the &W#( out of someone.

OUTFXD

I always move over and let those kind of folks pass me.  Not worth the hassle of any possible confrontations.  I DO have a dash cam that I have on any time I'm driving, just in case there's some kind of incident.  I believe in karma.

• 5 weeks later...

Ah..good responses all. 

And everyone who posted here.

Mature drivers, years of safety and experience, not succumbing to ***** behavior on our roads 

Aggressive driving habits are the norm now. And look at names here.

Names you see often. Proud to be a part of this group. Get home safe

17 minutes ago, Booger said:

Ah..good responses all. 

Mature drivers, years of safety and experience, not succumbing to ***** behavior on our roads 

Possibly you have not driven our roads lately ..... but you offer good hope.

54 minutes ago, Booger said:

Aggressive driving habits are the norm now.

Actually, the U.S. is rather one of the more civilized places when it comes to road safety. So, don't worry, it can get much worse ?

On 1/25/2024 at 9:27 PM, Booger said:

Ah..good responses all. 

Err, I haven't commented here for a reason.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ach, I'll admit I'm the a-hole driver...in many other drivers' eyes.  Speed limit, turn signals, obey traffic laws, "usually courteous" (nobody's perfect), etc.  But I don't do it out of a sense of virtue, it's more like...spite!  I know it annoys the heck out of bad drivers to no end. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don't worry. One's subjective intent is mostly relevant to determine the degree of culpability when one brEAks the law, but not when one follows it 😉

Edited by Ivan_B
Sniper is upset :(
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 8:03 AM, Dan Hiebert said:

usually courteous" (nobody's perfect)

I find it hard to believe but I was a total ass the other day.

I'm going on a road trip to the wrecking yard to pickup a engine. ..... Wife wants to go along for the ride. ..... Can we stop at walmart? ..... I want a hamburger .....

I was leaving walmart and pulling into whataburger and it was just about 12:15 lunch time place was packed .... I was just lost in oblivion as I slowly turned into the parking lot wondering how to proceed ..... totally forgetting about the lane I was blocking ..... Yes sirs ... I got the horn honk and the finger I totally deserved.

I believe that you've confused the role assignment in this story. You could've had an emergency and slowed down, no one knows... If there is no minimum speed limit posted and someone is in a hurry - it's their problem.

20 hours ago, Ivan_B said:

I am sorry, sir, did not see you there 😇

lol, it's a pet peeve of mine when people use breaks when they mean brakes.  Guess it's a pet peeve when they do it the other way too. 

Of course, I have a half dead 9 year old keyboard in a 14 year old laptop and fat fingers, so I typo the heck out of things.

• Haha 1

Technically, that was not a typo, since the applicable letters are positioned quite apart from one another 😇

I suspect that I just have the "finger memory" for "brakes" and automatically type it all the time, failing to proofread. I've noticed that in the past: I am thinking about a certain word with a certain spelling, but my fingers are automatically typing something else, several times in a row too... 🤣

Edited by Ivan_B

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2024 at 1:03 PM, Dan Hiebert said:

Ach, I'll admit I'm the a-hole driver...in many other drivers' eyes.  Speed limit, turn signals, obey traffic laws, "usually courteous" (nobody's perfect), etc.  But I don't do it out of a sense of virtue, it's more like...spite!  I know it annoys the heck out of bad drivers to no end.

I do the same LOL.

• Like 1

Ya know what REALLY burns my a__?

A flame about 3 feet high

Here in England the drivers are so polite. If you have a car in front of you and no one behind you on a main road and someone wants to merge into your lane of traffic. That lovely person in front will stop and let that person in. Stopping the flow of traffic and causing me to slam on the brakes. Why oh why do they not realize that if he just continued that person at the intersection would have a clear lane after I go by. 

Why oh why? -does the driver in front of me stop two car lengths behind the car in front of (him)(her)(them)? (or other acceptable pronoun) 

Maybe the driver wants to have room to change mind and change lanes. 

Maybe there is a sense of accomplishment, to inch forward occasionally, while waiting for the traffic light to change.  And everyone in the line can inch forward occasionally.

Maybe it doesn't usually matter. 

But there are situations where some poor soul way back there, at the back of the line,  is trying to maneuver into line, to stop blocking someone else.  If only those in line would move forward a little.  Wait.  There are all taking turns inching forward.  Patience, patience.  

Many drivers are oblivious to those behind them.  (Plural pronoun, always acceptable) 

Spare us from the oblivious.  Oh wait! Someone behind me honked.  Sorry, I was daydreaming.  

I know how you feel, I am the nicest ass you'll ever meet, not criticizing , but i take a deep breath and try to find my last patience and see that is me on some days. have a great day.

I just returned from a round trip drive to Wylie, TX last night.  10 hours on the road.  12 hour trip taking all time into account.  Got home just before midnight.

Good thing I am no longer the impetuous youth I once was, lol.

1 hour ago, Sniper said:

I just returned from a round trip drive to Wylie, TX last night.  10 hours on the road.  12 hour trip taking all time into account.  Got home just before midnight.

Good thing I am no longer the impetuous youth I once was, lol.

I bet in the old days you could make the same trip in under 8 hours total?

🏎️

DJ

1 hour ago, DJ194950 said:

I bet in the old days you could make the same trip in under 8 hours total?

I once made the Kessel run in 12 parsecs.