hood bumpers

I got my hood bumpers from Roberts, and while they are quality parts, they seem to be too small height-wise. I added temporarily some other stick on bumpers so they are "tall" enough...is this another issue with my dog house assembly, or?

Is there a different bumper I should order from someone like RS (they seem to have an extensive list and one might work)?

thanks Ed, I sent an e-mail to the one guy mentioned there, I also plan on buying several different ones from RS in the hope they work better.

• 1 year later...

ok, now that I have a NOS hood I KNOW what the stock bumpers looked like!  I have them on that hood....now to compare them to what I made for FEF...maybe I can get them off the NOS hod and put them on FEF?  But I think I can clearly state what an original looks like now with zero use!

20131103_105928_zpse094e1c5.jpg

ok, an hour later I finally got them off the hood wings....sadly a bit too munched to put on FEF has I had planned, but at least they are in one piece (relatively), also a bit too "firm" to use I think....now to search for the "right" ones!  :P

20131104_180338_zps9c26aaf2.jpg

Have to measure to be sure of course but from the pictures those look like the ones I got from the local hardware store to use on my plymouth. The car uses part #972724 or maybe 902174(I think thats the much shorter one that the cars only use 2 of).

I looked and looked for my bumpers on the hood of my 52 and finally found one of them!

post-302-0-89637800-1383623088_thumb.jpg

Make a mold and start casting them. Easy to do.

the nubs are pretty munched now....was thinking I could send to someone who DOES do this stuff.

Here is what my 52 has. Bumper goes on the movable section......and nothing on the fender.

This is a Roberts supplied bumper and it fits perfectly. To test the fit open the hood a bit and slip a piece of paper under the bumper and close. Nice snug fit.

Jeff

Odd, those were way to small for FEF.  I had to cut down some others to .75" just like the ones I took off the NOS hood last night.

On my 52 it's obvious the bumper transfered to the fender and got stuck there. Probably because I hadn't opened the hood up in 20 years to check the oil! I really think heat and time causes these bumpers to fail, disappear or get stuck to the fender.

Bob