It's not a Plymouth or Dodge but it is a Chrysler

I went and did it again.

I FINALLY started to realize that maybe I should "thin the herd" - and I was actually doing it.

I sold a couple of old cars and my motorcycle and I was trying to convince myself that I felt good about it.

I was actually starting to believe that - BUT THEN IT HAPPENED - AGAIN!!!!!

I was innocently browsing Facebook Marketplace (mistake #1) and for some reason I opened an ad for an antique car which I had ZERO interest in - NONE

But as I was scrolling through the pictures in the ad (mistake #2) I noticed a car in the background of 2 of the pictures.

Of course, I HAD to message the person running the ad asking if he'd be interested in selling the car in the background (mistake #3)

I got a reply in a few minutes saying "Yes, he'd sell it, and when would I like to come see it.

I immediately replied that the next morning would be a good time to go look at the car (mistake #4)

The next morning I go look at the car (mistake #5) and now as they say - "The rest is history"

DSCF6139.JPG.6c98f44f9dae08be6f479346dc368c84.JPG

DSCF6143.JPG.662111fbdec844499bcc0ab7f54ebc43.JPGDSCF6140.JPG.44107912bf6d015fb0f95aa4c59ad0e9.JPG

It's a 1949 Chrysler Woody - 1 of 850 made.

Picture after a little cleaning

DSCF6165.JPG.933649281c1f9cf35f4ae41bab583395.JPG

• Like 6

No mistake is an understatement. What a great addition to your collection. Enjoy every mile and smile. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the positive comments

Yes, it does run and drive.

It is just extremely filthy from sitting in a very dusty environment.

I will slowly bring it back to respectable condition.

Once I refinish the wood it will look a lot better

9 hours ago, joecoozie said:

Thanks for the positive comments

Yes, it does run and drive.

It is just extremely filthy from sitting in a very dusty environment.

I will slowly bring it back to respectable condition.

Once I refinish the wood it will look a lot better

Welcome to the very small club of Chrysler, Desoto, Dodge and Plymouth woodie owners! I've had my '40 Plymouth since 2003 (restored it finally in 2015). I would strongly suggest joining the National Woodie Club

There's probably a chapter near you.

And of course feel free to contact me and other Forum members with questions. Chrysler used some slightly different parts and reused other parts for the wagons. For example, my taillight buckets are stock (they reused them from 1937 Plymouths), but a hinge was added so that the can flip up when the tailgate is down. image.png.c5a3fdb8d169d36f0b1dfa82404cdeda.png

All those mistakes seem to find guys like us on a regular basis.  I think we need our own specialized kind of shrink.

However, the flip side of that is, I'll focus on what's in the background of a picture of cars for sale more often now I'm sure.  Wow, what a score!!!

• Like 1

Sometimes the cure is worse than the disease.  Naturw hates imbalances. Every h9le has its filler.  That's a nice one.  Guy around here has a 49 Plymouth in light tan with a bit of maroon stripping. Make sure to post again when spit shined.  

Where are you in Pa?  You should join a bunch of us In Cooperstown NY for this year's p15 picnic USA

Sept 12 thru 15. Scenic drives, few museums, some other attractions and a good group of folks with old mopars, and or Orphan brands.

On 6/1/2024 at 6:37 PM, joecoozie said:

I went and did it again.

I FINALLY started to realize that maybe I should "thin the herd" - and I was actually doing it.

I sold a couple of old cars and my motorcycle and I was trying to convince myself that I felt good about it.

I was actually starting to believe that - BUT THEN IT HAPPENED - AGAIN!!!!!

I was innocently browsing Facebook Marketplace (mistake #1) and for some reason I opened an ad for an antique car which I had ZERO interest in - NONE

But as I was scrolling through the pictures in the ad (mistake #2) I noticed a car in the background of 2 of the pictures.

Of course, I HAD to message the person running the ad asking if he'd be interested in selling the car in the background (mistake #3)

I got a reply in a few minutes saying "Yes, he'd sell it, and when would I like to come see it.

I immediately replied that the next morning would be a good time to go look at the car (mistake #4)

The next morning I go look at the car (mistake #5) and now as they say - "The rest is history"

DSCF6139.JPG.6c98f44f9dae08be6f479346dc368c84.JPG

DSCF6143.JPG.662111fbdec844499bcc0ab7f54ebc43.JPGDSCF6140.JPG.44107912bf6d015fb0f95aa4c59ad0e9.JPG

It's a 1949 Chrysler Woody - 1 of 850 made.

Picture after a little cleaning

DSCF6165.JPG.933649281c1f9cf35f4ae41bab583395.JPG

All I can say is better you than me! I woulda snapped that in a heartbeat. Then I woulda have to rent another garage to make room for the woodie. That looks like a really solid car that a bit of TLC will make spectacular! Congrats!!

Edited by RobertKB
  • Thanks 1

Nice find, those woody wagons are really cool and unusual!  My dad and I restored one a few years back, might still have some parts around, if you find you need something feel free to message me.  I can also post pictures if you need to see how something is supposed to look.

So many mistakes... 😅 You should've taken the good example from the person who sold it, instead 😇

When I catch myself browsing classic cars ads, I stop and tell myself: "You've already got one, do you want another one? If so, you should sell the one you've got, first, are you ready to do so? No? In this case, stop looking around!" 🤣

2 hours ago, Ivan_B said:

So many mistakes... 😅 You should've taken the good example from the person who sold it, instead 😇

When I catch myself browsing classic cars ads, I stop and tell myself: "You've already got one, do you want another one? If so, you should sell the one you've got, first, are you ready to do so? No? In this case, stop looking around!" 🤣

I (we) can't help it. It's a disease with no known cure.

I got a shirt from my cousin the other day. It has printed on it:

DO YOU REALLY NEED ALL OF THESE CARS? "YES I DO"

So, against my "better" judgement, which doesn't exist, I will continue to browse the ads.