Old Ranch Truck...what Parts Would You Pick?

An old buddy of mine sent me this today. I have always liked the old ranch trucks......especially when they are so well optioned. :D

That black grill sure looks great.......looks like I made the right choice.

Jeff

Black grill? I only saw white...

To any member who is new: this thread is a perfect example of 'hi-jacking' and no pun intended.   ". . . rope a goat. . . !", never called it that out on the ranch I grew up on.  ;)

Aw shucks fellas :lol: 

Here I am just trying to point out how great these grills look when they are blacked out.

When I first posted pictures of mine treated this way......i reckon some of you didn't much care for it treated that way.

I think this photo shows how attractive these trucks can really be when they are properly gussied up!

As for the off topic comments ....... This old goat wouldn't mind being hog tied......boots or no boots!

Jeff

When removing life's little black jackets  appearance is not always reality. I'm finding that out on my suburban, yet it's never totally disappointing.  ;)

Tim, really nothing yet. I'm just confirming what you suggested earlier what I might find. The lower gate is fixable but rough and the floor boards as well. It was hinted that the stainless trim was in the car but it wasn't. It's about what I expected. 

Edited by pflaming

The thread rustlers are at it again. :DThis is the truck side you know and we all know what happens when we lose our focus Paul.

One thing I noticed on this truck is that it was fitted with amber parking light lenses. I have perfect clear glass lenses that I would like to retain as I like the look of glass better than plastic. Can't seem to find any 6 volt amber bulbs for them though and I would like to use them for turn signals. Any ideas?

Jeff

The thread rustlers are at it again. :DThis is the truck side you know and we all know what happens when we lose our focus Paul.

One thing I noticed on this truck is that it was fitted with amber parking light lenses. I have perfect clear glass lenses that I would like to retain as I like the look of glass better than plastic. Can't seem to find any 6 volt amber bulbs for them though and I would like to use them for turn signals. Any ideas?

Jeff

I've heard of people using transparent amber paint from the hobby shop to tint the bulbs.

I grabbed a spray can of Testor's transparent gloss red....not for use on the bulbs but to refresh faded lenses with..have not applied it yet so cannot truly report back thus why I did not mention it above..but as Tod says, transparent paint is available..and one could easily experiment with its use....I found my paint at Hobby Lobby...do look for their transparent line up (candies if you will)

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

sounds like the cats meow......

It certainly does. Will report back on this. Thanks!

Sorry Paul;

I suppose I just expect everyone to look at the these truck the same way I do. I kind of have an old dog mentality when it comes to this. One good old truck is all I really need. I imagine that it will take a while to get it to live up to all my expectations.....but I will probably be gone myself by then.

And of course it helps that I have less than zero interest in any road cars. :lol:

Jeff

Jeff...use this information as you see fit...but ..I have seen folks use the end of amber Pill bottles (pharmacy filled subscriptions) cut to length and placed over the clear lenses for the amber glow when lit...

Tim;

I used your pill bottle trick. Nice!!! Works like a charm. Recycling at it's best.

Thanks, Jeff