The Phoenix is awakening / B3B Rises from the Ashes

I think I may find A couple Mopar "badges" put them on the out side, then a chrome machine head bolt. Unusual patina; unusual applications. For example instead of a rifle in the rear window gun rack, I will put a fire mans axe!

Just don't drive around with it in there! If there's one thing that can make a fender-bender worse, I'm sure it's a firemans axe to the back of the skull! Maybe substitute for a wiffleball bat? haha

John;

I am sorry but I don't have any photos. I had my buddy do this for me after the cab was down to bare metal.....and just before it went to the painter. ;)

When he was done with it you could hardly tell anything had been messed with. Basically he made a heavy sheet metal plate or bracket that fit in behind this area.....including the connection point to the door column and then it was all plug welded and ground flush. Can't really tell it is there. Especially with upholstery and headliner in place. But it is definitely a lot stronger than stock. I think you could achieve similar results on a cab that is already painted by fashioning a plate that was held in place using fasteners.....might not be as invisible though.

The mounting plate that came with the Julianos kit just slips in behind all this if that makes sense. It is about as strong as I could come up with without putting in a roll bar or restructuring the entire cab. One thing is for certain. I wouldn't trust that area to hold much in it's stock form.

Jeff

Back to basics.  I was certain I had ordered a wiring kit for the rewiring of the truck but could not find it so rewired it myself.  Out of curiosity I called EZ to confirm I had and I had ordered on the 13th of Feb 4 days after the fire.  I asked if it came in a  box and she said yes, a white one, about the size of a brief case, with a handle on the long side. Below my shop bench was a green storage box and bazingo a white box with a handle on it: ergo a new 21 mini circuit wiring kit all nice and pretty.  Some days are better than others.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

Back to basics.  I was certain I had ordered a wiring kit for the rewiring of the truck but could not find it so rewired it myself.  Out of curiosity I called EZ to confirm I had and I had ordered on the 13th of Feb 4 days after the fire.  I asked if it came in a  box and she said yes, a white one, about the size of a brief case, with a handle on the long side. Below my shop bench was a green storage box and bazingo a white box with a handle on it: ergo a new 21 mini circuit wiring kit all nice and pretty.  Some days are better than others.

Check the very first post in this thread!

• Like 1

Robert, I did say I would make the BBQ, just thought it would be an earlier one. When Tim said he would come and haul the truck to the BBQ, I changed my schedule.  Wiring kit was mentioned, interesting.  Been quite a year to say the least.

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

I drove my truck into the garage a couple of weeks ago and shut it off. Then I started the conversion to 12 volt, alternator, reverse polarity, etc. That done I went to start it and the fuel pump did not work, Checked it out, wasn't pulling fuel and was quiet, tested another one at the battery temp install and it did not pull fuel.  Tried a number of things then accidently hit the fuel tank with a wrench, EMPTY.  Darn, the smallest things can eat up a lot of time.

Question: Still cannot find one hubcap, I looked at the fire picture of the truck and no cap on the rim where the tire blew.  Could the heat have melted that cap?

• Like 1

Wow, you change one 'little' thing and a raft of issues show up. I decided to use a solenoid starter, keep the starter post on the firewall and put that starter, with instructions, under the seat as a spare. When I went to install the remote solenoid, my battery cables would not work, so decided to put the battery on the driver's side inside the hood fender. Also changed the ignition to a 'starter' ignition so I do not have a button to push. What fits in the mind does not fit so easily in reality.

Merle: yes it would have, but I have never liked the batteries under the floor. Once relocated, Much easier to keep clean and service. I've got it mounted, wires run, and now just got stability and cosmetic work to do.

Edited by pflaming

People sure can create a mess on some projects. I would have left it as from the factory. That system works very well.

I doubt someone will steal your battery.

since the fire, I do not think PP has vintage air in those tires so the market value is quite considerably less for that reason...and as for the cat burglars, they did not strike soon enough as the cat was able to torch and split.... and the bit I know of PP..he would just loose the keys to the locking valve caps anyway...

Dodgeb4ya and Merle, I re-evaluated my battery situation and by reversing the battery that existing cable reaches to the remote solenoid, so the battery has now returned to its original location. This starter has a longer 'throat' between the flange mount and the starter proper so that installing the two bolts is now a breeze.  Another good reason to change. IMO.   

ps: a cat wandered through the back yard this morning looking for food, so maybe I'll put out some food tomorrow!

Edited by pflaming

pflaming, on 25 Feb 2015 - 1:07 PM, said:pflaming, on 25 Feb 2015 - 1:07 PM, said:

ps: a cat wandered through the back yard this morning looking for food, so maybe I'll put out some food tomorrow!

I would personally put the dog out there tonight...other cats should be able to read the little card on the trees in the orchard...this spot is sighted in at 58.5 yards etc etc...

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1