Picture thread?

Alaska48

My baby. 1948. Rusty primer when I got it. Painted it on my driveway. Had 2 rat nests that ruined the seats. First thought was rat rod,then I thought I would restore to original dark green,finaly decided to keep it stock but had fun with the paint and fabric.

Nice car. Where was the first picture taken?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice car. Where was the first picture taken?

Thanks. The picture was taken at the Southwest Mopar Mini-nats sponcered by the Dallas Mopar Club.

The only work some else did on the car was fix the hole I put in the radiator.I did all body,paint,mechanical and intiorer work.

My 55 Dodge Custom Roayal Lancer and my newest project, a 1938 Dodge 4 door touring sedan in my custom outdoor spray booth.

post-4055-13585357838596_thumb.jpg

post-4055-13585357839292_thumb.jpg

Thanks. The picture was taken at the Southwest Mopar Mini-nats sponcered by the Dallas Mopar Club.

The only work some else did on the car was fix the hole I put in the radiator.I did all body,paint,mechanical and intiorer work.

My 55 Dodge Custom Roayal Lancer and my newest project, a 1938 Dodge 4 door touring sedan in my custom outdoor spray booth.

Love your car. Is it really a lancer? Thought that was only hardtops and converts.

Back on the home 'puter where I can actually post stuff. Bummer that the majority of the day working for the "G" is spent on a computer that is limited to the "outside world". I work with this newfangled &*%$#! electronics at work so much that I avoid it at home. I think Alaska48's notion is pretty keen, and it's easy enough to refer him back to the profiles to see forum members' car photos, but this is a good opportunity to post new pictures and get the creative juices flowing - it made me realize I don't have any west New York photos of the ol' Dodge. So I'll throw another "vintage" photo from Michigan in the string, and use the prompt to take advantage of this Indian Summer we're having in the Buffalo area and go for a spin (when's the last time you heard that?) for photo ops.

post-400-13585357843914_thumb.jpg

Love your car. Is it really a lancer? Thought that was only hardtops and converts.

Dodge did plan on having the Lancer trim(thats the body line extending from the hood across the door with the dip on the rear quarters) on the 2 door and covert only but it was so popular they added the option about mid year to all cars.I also read they wanted to do something to offset the Olds and Buick 4 door hardtops that were new for 55.

Dan,

If the weather in the Buffalo area is along the same lines as our is suppose to be today, you'll have a great day to " go for a spin". That is just what I plan on doing later today with my '40. Rain is mentioned for the early part of the week and even possible snow flurries towards the middle of the week down here in the Catskills.

Will be looking forward to seeing some photos:)

Hello Mr. RiffRaff. Welcome to the forum. Nice coupe you have there.

I notice that the rear fender openings are larger than the average P15.

Are the fenders perhaps from a 1942 Plymouth? Just curious.

What part of the country are you from?

DSC00823.jpg

thanks for the welcome BobT, the rear fenders look to be stock p15 that a previous

owner has re shaped for some reason, maybe rust removal lol, although i wasn't laughing

when i carried new fender skirts from viva las vegas , looks like its bubble skirts for me,

oh yea Dublin Ireland.. that moss sodden little isle a long way from the u.s..lol

My family spent 10 days in Killarney a few years ago and must say that it was the best vacation we have ever had. Made it to Kilkenny, Waterford, Bunratty, Cahir, Cashel, Blarney, Ring of Kerry.

The country side was beautiful, the castles/history were amazing, the people were friendly/helpful, and the Baileys/Guinness was smoother.

I would highly recommend Ireland to anyone looking for an international vacation.

ok, the new neighbor made it over to the boat house!:D

now aren't those two a neat couple?

Nostalgic garage. This photo makes me feel good. Only, not much room to work on the cars. Then again, I suppose than in a city like Berlin, you have to pay big bucks for that space?

Captains P9 is great looking sled, but I like the DeSoto as much. As a matter of fact I would trade my D24 for a S11 any day. The waterfall grille appeals to me.

you're right uncle pekka, big bucks. so sad. then again,

i have just a 10min walk from my home to get to my garage,

and that's what i call "de luxe" in a city like this.

plus the community we're having there is worth every penny,

i see it as my second flat in summer:rolleyes:

i love the DeSoto grill, too, it's fabulous.

but i prefer the proportions of my

--->P10:D

the 4door desoto looks a little clumsy to me.

we're lowering its back next week, that should fix it...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my '48 coupe. I've owned it since 1984. I did a full tilt flathead first and after 12 years and 4 head gaskets I switched to a V8. Black paint (except hood and rear fenders) was Earl Schiebe done in 1972. Flames by me and two friends in my garage 3 nights before it's maiden voyage to the West Coast Goodguys Nationals in 1986. Has Volari disc brakes in front, Fury III rear end. 6 rows of louvers on the hood. Added 3 point shoulder belts and the red interior in September this year. The gray interior from '84 was toasted. May try and repaint it in 2011.

48plym2-2.jpg

Plymothinterior55.jpg

Plymothinterior22.jpg

Plymothinterior33.jpg

Edited by hotrodbob

Here is my '48 coupe. I've owned it since 1984. I did a full tilt flathead first and after 12 years and 4 head gaskets I switched to a V8. Black paint (except hood and rear fenders) was Earl Schiebe done in 1972. Flames by me and two friends in my garage 3 nights before it's maiden voyage to the West Coast Goodguys Nationals in 1986. Has Volari disc brakes in front, Fury III rear end. 6 rows of louvers on the hood. Added 3 point shoulder belts and the red interior in September this year. The gray interior from '84 was toasted. May try and repaint it in 2011.

48plym2-2.jpg

Plymothinterior55.jpg

Plymothinterior22.jpg

Plymothinterior33.jpg

NICE car! What kind of V8?

• 3 weeks later...