A Braver person than I am

plymouthcranbrook

She’s clamped onto a steel Barbie doll stand so she won’t blow off the building if the wind comes up.

Still it would be pretty thrilling to stand on top of that, and this comes from a guy who in his youth climbed many a tall rock.

2 hours ago, Ulu said:

She’s clamped onto a steel Barbie doll stand so she won’t blow off the building if the wind comes .

Yeah. There's another utube vid of how they did this. Actually makes it more impressive, especially how they had to get up the last 100 feet or so....

My tolerance for heights has steadily diminished over the years.  I used to thrill at being the first jumper, standing in the door of a C-130 with my "knees in the breeze" at 2,000 feet.  Now I get woozy when I get on the roof of our garage to shovel snow off.  Just watching that video gives me the willies.   

• Like 1

...and SOO much photo shop...

Beyond that, you'd never cath me up there, I miss my skydiving days, but airplanes are WAY diffrent than buildings!

My neighbor has forbidden me to get on the roof.  A few years ago he saw me upon the roof, and shouted, "Are you crazy?"  I answered, "I may be crazy but I'm persistent."  This neighbor will give me a hand where I need it.  And I lend him tools and advice.  We have keys to each other's house.  HIs kids own our driveway, yards, and screened porch.  That's being a neighbor.   

On 1/28/2022 at 3:56 AM, Bryan said:

A few years ago I was crazy enough.   Picture 3 looked like a Whoville character.

Before.jpg

Not happy 1.jpg

DSC07945 Not happy 2.jpg

good for you!  I ended jumping a few years back...total of about 2800 jumps, 30 night jumps, 2 reserve rides and one broken leg (stupid mistake trying to be "cool").  I miss it dearly.  Thay plne was my favorite, big, fast and a nice door.  Even got to take the controls for a while once.

• Like 1

I think I will wait for flying through the air for when they market the Strom Trooper Speeder.....my old drill instructor stated only two things fall from the sky, fools and bird crap...of course grunts have to say that to retain some kind of cool I suppose....spent my time in a climate controlled fixed facility..9-5  and only 4 days a week, on 2 off 2 on 2 off 1....never knew what the Army was really about I suppose.  

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Haha 2