This is just tragic

Ricky Luke

I had to post this somewhere. There's enough questions at the moment and no answers.

My 12 yo nephew died of a gunshot wound Friday. He was supposed to be at school. He went home at lunchtime, took a rifle from his dad's gunsafe, and walked about half a mile into a paddock. He was found dead there. Was he being bullied? Was he bored and decided to go hunting for rabbits? I don't think we'll ever know.

My family is devastated. The small town my sister lives in is as well. And the worst is coming. His funeral will be when it really hits home I suspect.

And that's all I can write. I'm just desperately sad.

Rick

Sorry to hear and condolences to you and your family, most tragic for sure, who let a 12 year old leave campus for lunch, of course I am not up to speak on your school system and policies.  Other questions come to mind but those will be covered in the investigation I am sure.  I would recommend patience and look to your faith for the time being.  Allow the authorities to do their job. 

My heart goes out to you and your family Rick. My family struggled through a similar incident some 20 years ago when I lost my brother, so I feel your pain. Truth be known... you may never find answers to the questions you raise. Be strong my forum brother. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

That is the absolute worst thing I can imagine. The pain must be horrible. I feel very bad for you and your whole family. I would suggest that you try to focus on the good things right now, but I understand how useless and impossible that is. My all have my greatest sympathy. Just look ahead and try to keep going. Be assured that everyone here is feeling for you and your family and hope you can find some peace.  Words cannot express the sorrow of losing a child.