Plymouths race in the UK... Report

Robin (UK)

I've just got home from the 3rd annual VHRA Amateur Hot Rod Races at Pendine Sands.
Congratulations to Deano, who set a new class record of 80.09mph on Sunday, in his 2-door sedan - the first 6-cylinder powered full-bodied car to break the 80mph barrier.
My convertible managed 77.98mph on Saturday, holding the record for a full 24 hours!
It was an amazing weekend.
Here's your chance to take a 'high speed' ride in a P15 convertible...

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 7

We haven't yet got the full results list from this year, but last year we beat all three 235 powered Chevs and four out of six V8 flathead powered Fords.
The Plymouths are doing well and it was noticeable that there was a lot more interest in our cars this weekend.

• Like 4

That's awesome thanks for sharing!

Can you give some details about the upgrades you've done to your engine?

-Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm running a Dodge 230 with Fenton head, Sharp intake with dual Carter carbs and Fenton headers through twin pipes.

This year (for the first time) the exhausts were uncapped under the car.

The sand is a huge limiting factor, so I ran with high tire pressures (benefitting from the advice and experience of some of the other racers).

My cam is standard.

Dean's car runs a freshly built 218 with an Edgy head, Edmunds intake, Langdons headers and a fast road cam.

• Like 1

way to go! :)  funny i seem to remember you predicting that outcome back in May...... 

(if i am over there in a couple years i'll hide in the back of Dean's car to help slow him down.... hehehe..... don't tell him :D )

• Like 1

Great action video Robin.

I popped over to Pendine on the Saturday, only a 450 mile round trip sadly not in the Plymouth, what a fantastic event!

Missed both of Team Plymouth's runs but I did get a couple of photo's of the pair of you which I think you saw on a different channel

Edited by 61farnham
  • Like 3

Looks like someones NY vehicle registration is a bit over due.  No doubt the Inspection sticker if a bit stale also....  I'm guessing you vehicle came from NY somewhere.  Not NYC area as their stickers are a bit different.

Looks like someones NY vehicle registration is a bit over due.  No doubt the Inspection sticker if a bit stale also....  I'm guessing you vehicle came from NY somewhere.  Not NYC area as their stickers are a bit different.

I'm guessing that it is a English number being presented on a custom made American style license plate and has probably never been in New York (city or state).

Seems to me that they used to have "Empire State" on the New York plates at one time. . . Am I remembering correctly? And if so what years did they do that?

I was referring to the windscreen stickers  registration the white and yellow expired 3/10 and the blue Inspection sticker seems to have been punched for March of the same year.  Standard vehicle registration in NY are renewed for a fee every 2 years, Special registrations like motorcycle, historic are annual. The registration sticker shows the vehicle ID number, the License Plate number and the expiration date, not necessarily the end of the month indicated. The blue sticker (color changes each year, blue, red, yellow, and silver rotate) are placed after the vehicle gets its safety inspection.  the stickers are visible indications for authorities to check if you are up to date.

Edited by greg g
  • Like 1

Standard issue current plates and the series immediately proceeding them did say Empire State.  Special Editions, vanity plates, Sports team plates etc may or may not have that phrase..  Some plates like the ones issued to the Metropolitan Transportation  Authority vehicles even have a miss spelling on them, they say transporation but passed scruitinering and were issued.  MY YOM plate just says NY 46 on it.

Edited by greg g

Robin that was fantastic, I have seen several clips and pictures of this years Pendine via my mate Darren Fuller and Annie, both were there this year. Perhaps i'l be joining you next year as I have just bought a P15 business coupe......I pick it up on Friday

• Like 1

Robin that was fantastic, I have seen several clips and pictures of this years Pendine via my mate Darren Fuller and Annie, both were there this year. Perhaps i'l be joining you next year as I have just bought a P15 business coupe......I pick it up on Friday

Welcome to the forum, whereabouts are you? 

They like pictures here......  :D

Simon.

Edited by 61farnham

PICTURES!.........PICTURES!..........PICTURES!...........PICTURES!.............lol.............welcome aboard the best mopar forum around...........Andyd

Thank you very much for the warm welcome gentlemen, I cant post a picture yet, but as soon as I can I will. I'm down in Bournemouth on the south coast. I cant wait to get my new lover home and start to revive her faded glory. She's a standard P15. Really sweet running engine but a very very tatty interior. She's painted Black at the moment and I think has been deliberately made to look Ratted...or it could be that she's just plain old scruffy. The body is sound and solid with only a small amount of rust in the lower Boot lid (Trunk lid) below the number plate holder.