47 Dodge Turkey Truck Build

7 hours ago, Merle Coggins said:

Ed, you're half way there to a 4 seasons work space. You have the tarp, now you just need a torpedo heater and some lumber to prop up the tarp. A pair of Carhart thermal coveralls would help if you get outside of the "heated" zone. ;)

I only said last of 2016 not last until spring. I'm still working on going to get the front clip and doors. 

On 12/9/2016 at 8:16 AM, Young Ed said:

That door is from New Ulm MN which I believe is populated with a lot of Germans. 

You really should give me that door to hang on the wall...just sayin...

I had a set of doors from a dry cleaner company out of North Dakota for replacements on my 51 Suburban wagon...meant only one thing to me..time to strip and paint...

bad part was after having the doors for a spell when I went to work them I removed the door panel only to discover that the hinge must have been frozen (rusted) and the only way they could remove the door was rocking the door till they broke out both layers of metal that is the door's frame...not a hard fix...but required pieces from yet another door....plus some time and welding

Edited by Plymouthy Adams

On 9.12.2016 at 1:53 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

last time I drove through New Ulm (see red door above) I was in Germany.....

1 hour ago, ggdad1951 said:

You really should give me that door to hang on the wall...just sayin...

1 hour ago, Young Ed said:

I was just thinking maybe there could be a trade....

Suggestion: If Young Ed doesn´t need the door after the winter, Plymouthy Adams could pick up ggdad1951 and the door and come over to New Ulm (Germany). I will pick them up with my PT81, it`s not far away from my home. ggdad1951 is invited to hang it then to the wall - my wall :D

6 hours ago, PT81Jan said:

Suggestion: If Young Ed doesn´t need the door after the winter, Plymouthy Adams could pick up ggdad1951 and the door and come over to New Ulm (Germany). I will pick them up with my PT81, it`s not far away from my home. ggdad1951 is invited to hang it then to the wall - my wall :D

I'm actually from New Ulm MN.  Visited Ulm and New Ulm DE 3 years ago!

On 9.12.2016 at 1:53 PM, Plymouthy Adams said:

last time I drove through New Ulm (see red door above) I was in Germany.....

9 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

I'm actually from New Ulm MN.  Visited Ulm and New Ulm DE 3 years ago!

I don't want to digress to far of Young Ed's topic,  but I am wondering what you guys are doing in Ulm Germany ?! We do not have junkyards with old Mopars, here ... 

I was in the military many moons ago...stationed in Augsburg for two years.   Tripped all over the southern part of Germany,  different town and or a different country every weekend.  One of my favorite past times was the Volksmarsch...saw all the wonderful country side and small burgs that way.  New Ulm was the site of one of these events, a winter march in 1975. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ggdad1951 said:

Oktoberfest...prost!

been there..done that also....Lowenbrau tent is absolutely H U G E..the main thing that brings back the memories of the Oktoberfest was not the beer...but the many rows of smoked herring...ah..the aroma is second to none...

Steckerlfisch.jpg

• Like 2

The aroma of towns frequently is created by the local customs, manufacturing, and events. Hershey, Pennsylvania 40 years ago smelled like chocolate for miles around. Saigon, Vietnam smells like a sewer. Akron, Ohio used to smell like rubber. Centralia, Pennsylvania smells like a coal fired steam engine. Personally I avoid Gilroy, California at all costs.

Don

Is it the smell of fresh cooked artichokes or smells coming from the rows of taco trucks?

Onions and garlic? Heck they both belong in 90% of food!  ;)

Perfect to rub fresh ground garlic on as a cologne when visiting haunted houses and graveyards at night! Been a while since I have done either though.

Not so good smell when sweated out on a hot day however.  :eek:

DJ

I live in an area of farming and feedlots...the countryside is covered with lovely shades of green during the growing season.

Manure Spreader.jpg

Garlic is my opinion as important as salt is to your diet......it is good for the blood..it is good to keep mosquitoes from biting...I have a few family members and friends that say they hate garlic and will not eat anything prepared with it...bull-hockey..they go for second and third helpings 95% of the time...what are these little tasty chunks they ask as they gorge on garlic shrimp...roughly it is mind over matter and I do not mind telling them they do not matter...lol

Edited by Plymouthy Adams
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On December 11, 2016 at 4:02 PM, Don Coatney said:

Gilroy is the garlic capital of the country. The stink comes from the dam garlic factory. I have no use for garlic or onions. :mad:

Hey Don, I used to fuel at the Garlic Farm truck stop in Gilroy. What a name!

• ggdad1951 changed the title to 47 Dodge Turkey Truck Build