Show your tools.

Don Coatney

yeah Greg, I admit they have fallen off a bit of late...I would post some progress photos as I go but I have found there is not much interest in my modified bz cp...I have this morning got my forward seat rai in position and leveled etc and spot selded in place with the end caps made and also welded to the floor..next I make my tapered U-channel to fully secure the 5 inch wide rail full to the floor metal..we be having fun now...

watched a fox come out of the woods, cross the middle of my orchard, go behind the barn and cut across the back yard..I tired to hail him and get him into a contract to eat squirrels but I think this fox knows where fox food is for the taking with little effort on his part..kinda fat and saucy look varmint.

back to the cutting wheel, metal break and welding torch...coffee breaks are short but they are somewhat often..

My shop, as of now, is not that fancy but it works. I've got a few old tools, a few new, but a pneumatic hammer, a lift, and an up to date telephone are in the future plans.

post-23-13585368324891_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585368325599_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585368326325_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585368327036_thumb.jpg

post-23-13585368327584_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming

An acquaintence of mine, Doc, had moved to Santa Paula. He returned to clean out three 10X8X8 storage stalls. So he called me to give me some shop tools he did not want. Two pair of stands, a grease gun, a good hydralic jack and a box of nice medium size log chains.

Standing on the floor was this nice acetelyn torch set. I asked him what he was going to do with that, he said he'd take $10.00 for it. I beat Jesse James to the draw and took it home. The tanks have the gauges and have gas in them. I will sure use this set.

post-23-1358536835893_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

that is smurf-tastic...have ya made a manifold out of pipe tees, etc. for multiple outlets? Something I saw in a farming magazine...the guy had a manifold setup for dedicated air to an outside hose reel under an awning, an inside hose reel, and a short hose to a air dessicant & regulator for a paint gun setup...he spent less than $10 and made the outlets point down so that the couplers wouldn't hit'm in the face when he disconnected them :cool:

that is smurf-tastic...have ya made a manifold out of pipe tees, etc. for multiple outlets? Something I saw in a farming magazine...the guy had a manifold setup for dedicated air to an outside hose reel under an awning, an inside hose reel, and a short hose to a air dessicant & regulator for a paint gun setup...he spent less than $10 and made the outlets point down so that the couplers wouldn't hit'm in the face when he disconnected them :cool:

Ha its not even wired in yet! I only have a 1.5 stall garage so I don't plan to make multiple outlets. A good 50ft hose will go anywhere I need. However since the compressor will be in a corner I do plan to run a few feet of hard pipe out to a more reasonable spot to make the connections.

• 1 month later...

When I installed the Cherokee Master Cylinder, I limited the space to put in the bottom bolt. So I cut down a socket, then an extension onto which I welded a 9/16" nut. Now I can put the bolt in with this mini socket and with a short 9/16 wrench start the bolt. I had a friend make it for me on a lathe. The bolt shown in the pics is too long,. I will now use a short dowel in the top hole to locate the holes, put in the bottom bolt, remove the dowel and put in the top one.

This is one of the nastiest spots on the truck. Maybe the car is different.

post-34-0-00563800-1359628001_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-08016000-1359628038_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-50612800-1359628070_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-22782800-1359628110_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-95142700-1359628145_thumb.jpg

Edited by pflaming
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is for Young Ed. Last night on chat we were discussing lawn mower blade sharpening. I told Ed that I have the best luck with a floppy grinder as pictured below. The pictured blade was sharpened with this tool. You can see from the picture how well this tool blends the edge. I have two sets of blades for my mower so I always have a sharpened set on the shelf. I spray some paint on the blades after sharpening to prevent rust.

th_P6270001.jpg

th_P6270002.jpg

th_P6270003.jpg