Show your tools.

Don Coatney

Been a long while, but I think I simply slid the brake drum and hub back on once the backing plate was removed and then used the drum as a handle to pull out the axle. I guess I wasn't imaginative enough to make a tool when I had something associated with the job sitting at hand.

We have a piece of PVC pipe that acts as a puller with the drum put back on. Works great.

04-21-08_1825.jpg

Jerry,

So where's the picture?

I found a web site with a postage stamp or postcard with a Printess vise on it! Who would have thought.

It looks like there are set screw holes on each side of the 'back' jaw but I didnt get any pics...my battery died after one picture.

BigDaddyO , My camera / computer connection isn't working either and I can no longer locate the photo that I saw earlier . But I did find another photo of a Reed 404 1/2 at ; akroncanton.craigslist.org/tls/2079037800.html

Edited by Jerry Roberts

I have never tried to attach photos or files, so we'll give this a whirl.

Most of my tools are of the common sort, or not for auto mechanics.

Here are some photos of one rather unusual one - the Tri-Angular alignment tool I picked up in an auction a couple years ago. (Have never tried to use it)

It was made by Tric-Kee Tool Company, in Ballston Spa, NY. I was going to also attach a PDF of the instructions for use, but the file is too large.

(I should also see if I have a good photo of my wall-mounted hand crank drill press - made some time in the 1800's. It is mounted on the wall of my mower shed in the Amazon.)

post-6819-13585358328681_thumb.jpg

post-6819-13585358329251_thumb.jpg

post-6819-13585358329772_thumb.jpg

Well , it took a few days to get around to it but thanks to Don I just spent about an hour fishin' around in the garage and takin' these pictures. I put them in order of importance.

Snap on ratchet. I have one just like it. Military issue.

MVC-005F-3.jpg

and a few more photos

Timing light. I have one just like yours. Bought it when I was in High School in the early 60's from JC Whitney.

tlight.jpg

Hi,

Years ago my father gave me a set of SnapOn 5/8 drive sockets and

breaker bar. Are these very common? Anyone else have any? I also

have several 3/16" drive sockets and ratchet. Real odd sizes.

I believe I have some of these old Snap On od-ball sizes too. I will have to dig in my archives.

Then pics 2-3. Tool me school me.

What is the function of the spring on the handle? Does it just open the jaws after the applied pressure is released to make it easier to reposition the wrench for the next twist.

It possibly locks the adjustment wheel so once you have it set you dont need to fiddle with it.

Can I see a pic of what any of you used to pull the water distribution tube?

This is what I use to remove even the most stubborn D-tubes. I use both a slide puller with a hook or usually just a crowbar to wedge the tube out. The tool inserts all the way to the end of the tube and has raised hooks/jaws to grab each slot in the D-tube so it pulls evenly on the full length of even a rotten tube for complete easy removal.

Bob

post-302-0-47913300-1424411832_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

This is what I use to remove even the most stubborn D-tubes. I use both a slide puller with a hook or usually just a crowbar to wedge the tube out. The tool inserts all the way to the end of the tube and has raised hooks/jaws to grab each slot in the D-tube so it pulls evenly on the full length of even a rotten tube for complete easy removal.

Bob

That's a very clever tool. Did you make it or buy it?

That's a very clever tool. Did you make it or buy it?

I made that tool as I have never been able to find them for both the short and long blocks.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya