Thingamabob or thingamajig?

Any idea what this is? It was found in a Dodge truck. It was folded in half and when it it straightened the bracket can slide down and lock the elbow in place. The numbers on it are RJ562.

part01.jpg

part02.jpg

It is a RIGHT handed thing-a-majig, as you can plainly see by the part number.:rolleyes:

The much rarer LEFT handed thing-a-majig bears the part number L J562:D

I was thinking that it's probably a Whatchacallit. I first thought it was one of those Thingies, but then I changed my mind.

It wouldn't be a tail gate brace. Trucks used chains to hold the tailgate until the Fleetside beds came out. And even then, they wouldn't have a sliding lock on them, nor a twist at the end.

This is a muffler bearing adjustment tool. The "R" is simply part of the serial number and does not indicate "right."

I have 3 of them and have been looking to trade one for a clutch adjustment tool and/or a steering wheel puller. I'd give all 3 for a good flarpswitch or the equally rare 610T.

This is a muffler bearing adjustment tool. The "R" is simply part of the serial number and does not indicate "right."

I have 3 of them and have been looking to trade one for a clutch adjustment tool and/or a steering wheel puller. I'd give all 3 for a good flarpswitch or the equally rare 610T.

I've got a NOS flarpswitch, but I'm not tradin............

One benefit of this forum is we can all participate in AngloSaxination without guilt. The one with the best Velosophy usually wins. However there is a lot of un called for Aurora Trafficalis because of some of these postings. But the gnawledge found here just hangs with you. It has been great Snoggin with Lisa but it is getting a bit old.

For daffynations go here.

http://www.buzz.mn/?q=node/1467

My quess is a hood or trunk brace with the mounting holes cut or broken off!

Finally, the real guess begins. Since it was found in a truck and not a car this has to be a handle extension for a screw type jack. Must be a slot in another tool such as the lever to remove the wheel studs. Too bad my truck is tucked into a barn for the winter, or I'd lift off the seat to see what is under there.

Dennis

Finally, the real guess begins. Since it was found in a truck and not a car this has to be a handle extension for a screw type jack. Must be a slot in another tool such as the lever to remove the wheel studs. Too bad my truck is tucked into a barn for the winter, or I'd lift off the seat to see what is under there.

Dennis

That's where it was found, under the seat. I don't think anything has been cut off of it and this is the second one found in a truck. I'm leaning towards it being a jack handle. RJ562 = Rusty Jack #562

I have a handle like that in my '48 wrecker and straight truck. It is the handle for the jack. Haven't tried it, but it fits the slot in the jack base. Length is for leverage to get the jack to rachet up.

Aw, c'mon!!!! Look to the other threads for good, accurate information. This one is for those of us who just barely get by. :)

Also, I don't have the correct jack and have not seen one in real life. I'd like to see the whole set up in action.