Occupation's OT

aero3113

I work as a Software Quality Assurance tester for a company called Frontline Technologies. We have a software product called Aesop. We work with school districts. The software permits the teachers and staff to submit the schedule absences to our Web Services and then it notifies the available sub's within their district of an available job for the day.

We are in every state in the USA and in the UK and also in Australia.

Have been in IT since 1980 and have also work in the medical industry in hospital installing software.

Prio to this I was an Instrumental Music Teacher in Camden NJ for 10 years prior to getting assualted by a student. Left the teaching profession to be in a much safer enviornment.

Rich Hartung

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really get a bunch of Canadians sneaking in?:eek:

A nefarious bunch, them Canadians, what with all that beer drinking, hockey playing, and curling they do up there :D. (What's with curling anyway? Seems so mundane, but once you start watching or playing, you can't stop!) But it aint the Canadians we have to worry about sneaking in from Canada.........

A nefarious bunch, them Canadians, what with all that beer drinking, hockey playing, and curling they do up there :D. (What's with curling anyway? Seems so mundane, but once you start watching or playing, you can't stop!) But it aint the Canadians we have to worry about sneaking in from Canada.........

I am speaking from some anecdotal evidence having worked in a Minnesota hog slaughtering facility so it may not square with what Border Patrol is actually seeing. Mexican girls with a little more money often go to Canada on a tourist visa and then enter the US through the Canada-US border. The enterprising young men have all left the villages of Mexico to make their fortune in the US. To find a good husband, they get jobs in the packing houses so that they can meet the more ambitious men of suitable age. As a general rule, most of the people I met working in the packing houses were trying to make and save enough money so that they could move back to Mexico, buy a nice house, live comfortably, and raise a family.

I work as a Software Quality Assurance tester for a company called Frontline Technologies. We have a software product called Aesop. We work with school districts. The software permits the teachers and staff to submit the schedule absences to our Web Services and then it notifies the available sub's within their district of an available job for the day.

My wife is a substitute teacher in Freehold and the Board of Education here uses Aesop. When the Jobulator bell goes off there's a mad scramble for our computer to snag the assignment. In many cases the job is taken within seconds of posting.

Harold

Edited by JerseyHarold

I am speaking from some anecdotal evidence having worked in a Minnesota hog slaughtering facility so it may not square with what Border Patrol is actually seeing. Mexican girls with a little more money often go to Canada on a tourist visa and then enter the US through the Canada-US border. The enterprising young men have all left the villages of Mexico to make their fortune in the US. To find a good husband, they get jobs in the packing houses so that they can meet the more ambitious men of suitable age. As a general rule, most of the people I met working in the packing houses were trying to make and save enough money so that they could move back to Mexico, buy a nice house, live comfortably, and raise a family.

Well, its not the Mexicans bettering their lives, or coming in from Canada, either. The Border Patrol and border security is not about "Mexicans", far from it. But this line of discussion leads to a very slippery slope - too far removed from Plymouths and Dodges for me to venture further into on this forum. Suffice to say such things are better discussed over a beer in my little world.

My turn I guess. I'm the Chief of Police at a small private university in eastern KY. www.upike.edu . We have about 1500 students and 300 faculty/staff. We're in a nice small town and things are looking up for us. Our men's basketball team won the national championship last year and are looking good for a repeat. We've got a brand new state-of-the-art building being built that will house our medical school that ranked in the top 10 for medical schools last year and our president is the former governor of the state. We stay pretty busy.

Edited by Smokeybear

If somebody would make pepperoni cookies, you could cut your lines in half and double your volume.........

I think I've just had the same reaction that someone from England has when they hear about biscuits and gravy. (Biscuits are what we'd call cookies.)

Ralph D25cpe When I said that I was going to retire my wife had it built for me. Now when she want's me out of the house, she'll stand at the back door with my coffee cup and says "Have a nice day at work, I'll call when lunch is ready".:D:eek:

Dennis;)

IMG_0287.jpg[/img]

With a garage like that who needs a house? Very nice.

Myself, State corrections. Employee not a 'client'. 18 months to retirement from that anyway. Before that Machinist. Future? Professional putterer and general slacker. Maybe work part time.