Picture thread?

Alaska48

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd add my 2 cents.

This was on a trial run from LA to SF. It ran like a dream. I don't know why but going 55 while everyone else is doing 80 makes me chuckle. I still get there.

Hello Don,

Looks like you stopped in Colma?

For those of you not familiar with the town of Colma, California, it was established as a necropolis in 1924.

Current population: 1.5 million (of which 1,191 are still living).

Edited by kbuhagiar

Hello Don,

Looks like you stopped in Colma; was that picture taken at Holy Cross Cemetery?

For those of you not familiar with the town of Colma, California, it was established as a necropolis in 1924.

Current population: 1.5 million (of which 1,191 are still living).

I think that's the Veterans Cemetary in San Bruno......... Maybe???

Adam

I think that's the Veterans Cemetary in San Bruno......... Maybe???

Adam

Upon further review, I think you are right.

I can see the "South San Francisco The Industrial City" sign in the background, and I don't think you can see that from Colma. :rolleyes:

It's the Golden Gate National Cemetery - in San Bruno. My mother was a woman Marine and is buried there. As a kid I grew up in San Bruno when Tanforan was still there. Tanforan was a Japanese relocation center. Not all of our history is something to be proud of.

As old as I am it seems silly to drive all the way up to the city to show my dead mother my car. But it's just like the one I went home in from the hospital.

My father is interred in Colma. There are some famous people in there but I can't think of them.

I also remember the Cliff House and Playland at the Beach at the end of Golden Gate Park.

Some of my cars and a truck. The T&C woodie is the factory metallic green called "Noel" green, perfect for the Christmas season!

Bob

My flathead powered cars in the order I got them, year in brackets. Some before and after pictures as well. All cars have the long block six in them as from 1938 onward Canada only produced the long block engine as the market here was not sufficient to build the two different size sixes. It sure makes it easy to pick up an engine for a project as any engine will fit. For example, I have a heavy duty 251 CID from a three ton truck in my coupe. It has the larger exhaust valves and really moves that car nicely. Love those old Chrysler built flatheads!!

(1975) 1953 Plymouth Belvedere -looked much the same when I got it as it is pretty much a survivor, including original paint.

1953Plymouth.jpg

(1976) 1948 Dodge D25 Club Coupe which is the Canadian Dodge based on the Plymouth body.

48DodgeOld.jpg

DSCN4148.jpg

(1981) 1938 Chrylser Royal Touring Sedan

38Chryslerasfound.jpg

Dscn2803.jpg

(2010) 1941 Dodge D21S - not sure if I will sell or do something with it. I might try to make it a driveable survivor. Another Canadian Dodge based on the Plymouth.

89086eb_201.jpg

All cars fit and live in this garage. A little crowded but nice and cozy.

IMG_1515.jpg

Edited by RobertKB
Add information

• 11 months later...
Ease up fellow, I believe you were being directed to a resource which already includes many members vehicles both cars ad trucks. If that is a buzz kill, sorry you feel that way. Much of this ground has already been plowed, so I would have refered you there also.

Also where have you been shot down on multiple threads??? Looks like you got quite a bit of excellent information in a very short time. this is one of the friendliest and most tolerent forums I have seen, so lets not spoil the colegiality of the community by stepping on a guy for giving you a place to find what you asked for. I didn't realoze picture had an expiration date on them, or that fresh ones had more detail.

Yeah, you wanna be shot down? Try posting on the H.A.M.B. about cool modern frames to use on old school cars some time. I got not only shot down, but also deleted because I merely suggested using a 2002 frame for an old school body. Modern handling with the original look. I have seen all kinds of other trash NOT get deleted over there....geesh.

Yeah, you wanna be shot down? Try posting on the H.A.M.B. about cool modern frames to use on old school cars some time. I got not only shot down, but also deleted because I merely suggested using a 2002 frame for an old school body. Modern handling with the original look. I have seen all kinds of other trash NOT get deleted over there....geesh.

Don't even think about posting that you are putting a diesel in a rod it will disappear in no time flat! I hear all the bs about putting whatever you have in it and running it but a diesel is a serious no no!! not traditional at all according to them. good site but a lot of them are pretty biased towards the SBC and cannot think outside the box.

The HAMB tends to be a very ego based and arrogant minded site. I've been on it since the start. I stay away as much as possible and use the Rodding Round Table.. http://www.roddingroundtable.com/ when I need help. Most have left HAMB because of attitudes.

This site is GREAT...need MOPAR specific help, then here you are...Great bunch of guys here.

How did a "neutral" non political post pictures thread turn into a bash the HAMB thread? HAMB has its place, roddingroundtable, oldskool, P-15 D-24, POC, Desotoland, Gravley tractor, Vusio TV, Dakota, forward look, victories secret, and all others have there place. There is a forum for everything these days. Find and use the forums you are comfortable with and use them. Variety is the spice of life.

How did a "neutral" non political post pictures thread turn into a bash the HAMB thread? HAMB has its place, roddingroundtable, oldskool, P-15 D-24, POC, Desotoland, Gravley tractor, Vusio TV, Dakota, forward look, victories secret, and all others have there place. There is a forum for everything these days. Find and use the forums you are comfortable with and use them. Variety is the spice of life.

Sorry, was not BASHING HAMB, but stating an observation of posts and attitudes there. It is a great source for info, but you have to sometimes ignore the attitudes of the replies and hope that you don't run a foul of Ryan.. I've been reprimanded by him a few times..I just lurk mostly now

Because we did it!;) Merry Christmas Don!!