15th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

48Dodger

15TH ANNUAL CLEMENTS TAILGATE BBQ

APRIL  2nd, 2022

SATURDAY 9AM TIL WHENEVER

EARLY TOW-IN BEGINS NOW AND LATE TOW-OUT ENDED YESTERDAY

Show up Thursday or Friday and Camp-Out til Sunday or Monday, always need the Help

Its FOR REALS!!! The 15th year in a row that old Dodge Trucks and old Friends have come to a meet at the my ranch in Clements,California.!!!

Unbelievable, #15 !!!!!....the place where the largest number of Dodge Pilot-House Era Trucks meet in the whole WORLD !!! (I think..lol). 

The people I've met over the last 15+ years through the website and BBQ's has made my life so much better. This time of year is awesome because finishing an old truck actually has meaning to this crowd! Fenders and bumpers to hang on, hoods to lift, parts to swap, and stories to tell! I look forward to it all. Every year is special with returning long distant travelers and new ones that are finally able to make the trip! I always look forward to meeting everyone!

I've have been busy as always but never forget to make time for my friends. My Kids have grown up and moved into homes of their own and building their own families. Its been quite a year for the old man...lol. But with my changing life I could use the extra hands. Its a big deal every year!! The guys are coming from the north, the south, the east and the west. You know you'll meet someone you know from the forum, and it'll be the coolest thing ever...its true...I have good friends in far away states and countries because this here BBQ. Come on down and join in the "hard-work" and have a burger for your troubles! 

"The car crowd is growing and more than welcome to come. I could easily call it "The Tailgate/Trunk BBQ"!" 

"I can't tell you how much I look forward to this every year, its a blast and for some, lasts a few days. Campers show up on Thursday or Friday and leave on a Sunday morning.....all enjoying late night chat sessions around the fire pit." 

"I hope new and old  members alike are inspired to make the trip and maybe even drive their trucks the distance....you know we have your back! "

"So many good stories around the fire pit the nights before and after the event. I can't tell how cool it is to have forum members stay several days and just relax....."  

"Looking forward to a great party! Now build it, and bring it!!!"

"It was around 2007 when Bob Koch, Jim Shepard, and myself (Tim Estrada), went to Reg Evans' place to check out his "yard". While we were eating hotdogs, drinking cold beverages, solving international and regional issues....we thought "lets have a BBQ".

"Get the wheels on, and the tanks full....its time to finish up and git to the Q! It ain't no beauty pageant of trailer queens, its a truck show...so flex your rust as well as your shine!"

See you at "the Q"...glad you could finally make it!

Tim aka 48Dodger aka 48D

Edited by 48Dodger
  • Like 2

• 48Dodger changed the title to 15th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ, in Clements California

This is one of those events I read about every year, and wish I could attend. Being so far away, that's not going to happen; but, still, I really enjoy the pictures and any stories that come about as a result of the event. Please make sure that you post pix, when they become available, next year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dodgeed said:

This is one of those events I read about every year, and wish I could attend. Being so far away, that's not going to happen; but, still, I really enjoy the pictures and any stories that come about as a result of the event. Please make sure that you post pix, when they become available, next year. 

Airlines fly people to California every day... Just need to plan it as a destination vacation... That's how I've been out there a couple of times. 

Davin (Australia - twice), Christine (Germany-1 show, 3 times to my ranch for parts), Mark (Minnesota- 7 times), Merle (Wisconsin-3 times), Jeremiah (Minnesota - 4 times)......

Come on Dodgeed...You can do it!

Plenty of time to plan on having a great time!

No truck needed...just your energy and enthusiasm for Old Dodge Trucks!

• Like 1

Well......I've put the date on my calendar and mentioned to my boss that I might need some time off next spring.  However being realistic about things I'm not sure I can get the truck in drivable and presentable condition by the departure date.  Minimum 3 days each way with over 2,400 miles one way means I really need to think this through before I can make any sort of intelligent decision!

I do know I work better when I have a goal to work towards so who knows :)

Brad

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2021 at 4:06 PM, John-T-53 said:

Maybe this time. The NY might be disassembled by then....

Where is your truck? Down south where you are? Should we figure out how to get it here early??

48D

On 12/1/2021 at 6:08 AM, 48Dodger said:

Where is your truck? Down south where you are? Should we figure out how to get it here early??

48D

Yup, it be here, parked in the front yard. It's highway worthy so it'll make the trip no problem .... 

• Thanks 1

Soooo...…I'm thinking of trying Facebook again this year to help get the word out.

It was a bit of work last time I did that, but I'm getting some requests to try again.

I know a few who use this site and FB for their build posts etc....

I feel I need help using FB since last time I posted there it was quickly buried.

Any thoughts???

48D

The time I did it before it was quite a bit of maintenance.

And the questions? Yah, a bunch with no real impact.

Still......

48D

They best advertisement is personal invitation. I promote as often as I can. I have had at least four accept and attend, some repeating. I have one invited this year already, so, each one bring one. 

Oh, sorry about that. I’ve been taking a different approach. I been telling folks it’s canceled!!! Increases my chance for an award. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, ggdad1951 said:

you'll get lots of questions and not much attendance out of FB IMO.

...and eventual censorship. The BBQ might be classified as "misinformation". Hopefully some whistleblowers come forward. Haha. 

Edited by John-T-53
  • Haha 1

Yesterday, one of the guys on the FB Pilot-House Era page mused that there was no Pilot-House national truck meet, I posted a link to the BBQ...in 24 hrs, the resident tikytok attention whore volunteered to have it in his backyard in IL; another guy pointed out the Carlisle PA Mopar event; another guy mentioned the BBQ; and about a dozen others mentioned they would be interested in a national truck meet with no recognition that there sorta is one already in CA...so yeah, the majority of the FB dunderheads have a short attention span and have trouble understanding answers given to their questions :rolleyes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JBNeal said:

Yesterday, one of the guys on the FB Pilot-House Era page mused that there was no Pilot-House national truck meet, I posted a link to the BBQ...in 24 hrs, the resident tikytok attention whore volunteered to have it in his backyard in IL; another guy pointed out the Carlisle PA Mopar event; another guy mentioned the BBQ; and about a dozen others mentioned they would be interested in a national truck meet with no recognition that there sorta is one already in CA...so yeah, the majority of the FB dunderheads have a short attention span and have trouble understanding answers given to their questions :rolleyes:

I decided to not post the option to do it at Back to the 50's....in MY back yard....LOL.