little drive

Don Jordan

I drove from Southern California to Sacramento then to the San Francisco Bay Area. I drove (in the heat) 1,062 miles. It took 55.1 gallons. That works out to about 19 mpg.

Not one problem - but I will have some questions later.

Did not over heat. Averaged 55 mph. What a treat.

My wife wouldn't go - she can't stand the heat. I had the air conditioned open(all four doors). What a great car.

Last time I brought the D24 to work, when I was showing it off to a group of my co-workers, one of them asked if it had air conditioning. I said "yep", then reached in and opened the cowl vent. The blank stare was priceless. Good to hear of your long, troublefree, road trip.

I got the stainless rocker molding - I got the clips - now I just have to figure how they fit and how they bolt in.

this picture is at the Golden State National Cemetery outside of San Francisco. I go up every year.

I'd have to say that the car is about 98% done. Now what?

post-480-13585362670953_thumb.jpg

I got the stainless rocker molding - I got the clips - now I just have to figure how they fit and how they bolt in.

this picture is at the Golden State National Cemetery outside of San Francisco. I go up every year.

I wish I followed this thread better. You were less than a mile from my house.

Don, the car looks great.

I really like that shade of blue - was that a factory color?

Don,Good to hear you had an enjoyable,troublefree trip.Car looks good .

My wife would probably have declined to make a similar trip.

She doesn't care for the heat either and also she prefers short trips in the

old car.:)

Don, happy to hear the car performed well.

Some days ya gotta draw (or send) these guys a picture.:D

If your rockers have not been modified, there should be some holes

with captive nuts behind to attach the trim clips.

And the stainless piece should have an attached stud at the front

end that goes thru a hole in the bottom fender edge.

I got some clips - this week end I'm going to attempt to figure it out.

Don - while I have been through the Presidio in San Francisco I don't know anyone there. At Golden Gate cemetery my grandfather (Spanish American War), my mother (Marines WWII) are there.

I sure hope I'll be able to attach the rocker molding it's about all that's left.

this week end - I'll keep you posted.

Are you missing the little cowl stainless too?

I see after magnifying the picture to about 800% I could see what looks like the rectangular holes like p15 coupe has. My rockers didnt have a bolt at all. The clips I have (Original to the car) slide onto the stainless and then forcefully clip at the top and bottom of that rectangular hole X4 plus the one bolt clip that is at the front that holds it all in place. Hope that helps a little. :) PS I love that Blue too.