P15-D24 club plague

Uncle-Pekka

Our community may not be what is commonly considered as a car club.

However, it would be cool to show colors when attending cruisings and shows.

Would there be any interest to hang a P15-D24 plaQue on your rear bumper?

Imagine the below pattern in aluminium cast...

p15d24club.jpg

Edited by Uncle-Pekka
The cure - Thanks Tod F. & modern medicine

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Years ago Norms coupe came up with a plate toper design, and sold a few but the casting process was pretty expensive so for the few units that got made the unit cost was pretty high. Recasting a second batch there weren't enogh orders to justify the process. It was as simple design that looked like s scroll of paper which bolted to the top of the liscence plate. Wonder if the folks who had one might post a pic.

Just have to change that word. It has been bugging me since this thread started.

I'd rather not get a plague from anyone. Plaques are okay as long as it does not include the type a dentist removes. Or worse one that your cardiologist has to deal with.

Just have to change that word. ...

I'd rather not get a plague from anyone.

Oh rats - I've been so proud of my spelling and personal hygiene.

Here I am spreading plague...

And just as the real thing, it seems I cannot help it anymore once it has started to go around! - I can edit my 1st message, but NOT the thread subject line!!!

Please Great Medicine Man of web administration stop the PLAGUE!

Ahem... back to the business.

First of all; Thanks for you all for positive & encouraging feedback.

Honestly I was a bit afraid I get laughed out.

As a foreigner I was a bit uncertain if this plaque business is strictly for kustom kar klubs. Nice to learn we family men are allowed to do it as well.

I did not knew of the topper made by Norm. That looks cool, is the cast mold still kept somewhere? Neverthless, a crest would be an addition, not to replace the earlier achievement - see item #2 below.

Then the practical issues:

1) I read a thread some where describing the amateur process to cast these. I can do the cast model out of plywood & resin. I also know a fellow here, who has been casting small items, thus I thought ask him what it would cost to do the actual mold & cast.

2) Some prefer a crest or plaque in rear window or hanging on bumper. Some prefer plate topper. A compromise would be to just do a cast crest. Every one for himself to decide where and how display it - What do you think?

3) The text/name of the "club": As Rodney pointed out, there are other models but P15/D24 as well. To me what matters is the flathead six - I would like that to be somehow recognised in the crest. Please suggest what should be in writing, also should there be some (simple) graphics (picture)?

gee I am with Rodney , feel left out, what about all the P15's D24 that are V powered..the designators P15 and D24 are body numbers..has nothing to do with the powertrain..yeah yeah..just because the V8 was not available at Mopar at the time is of no importance..if they had one..it would have been in there...

I had been thinking more in terms of a license plate topper, but hadn't thought about a plaque in the rear window. On one hand it would limit the already limited rear view vision, but maybe on my business coupe it would work in the side window ..... I'll have to check that!

Marty

I had been thinking more in terms of a license plate topper, but hadn't thought about a plaque in the rear window. On one hand it would limit the already limited rear view vision, but maybe on my business coupe it would work in the side window ..... I'll have to check that!

Marty

left out again...the D24 business coupe does not have a rear quarter glass..I said that basically there needs to be more than one style item to associate with the P15/D24 are the places to display varies from model to model..

left out again...the D24 business coupe does not have a rear quarter glass..I said that basically there needs to be more than one style item to associate with the P15/D24 are the places to display varies from model to model..

B*llsh*t, who needs to look back, anyway?

Rear view is unnecessary feature in a car when it comes moving on, isn't it?

Seriously, that's why I though a simple crest would be versatile.

Each & every can hang it where ever place seems suitable...

Guest P15-D24

The term P15-D24 and logo (in the upper left) are copyrighted and not for reproduction without permission. What I don't want to see is branded logo items being sold on eBay! If you all want to do something like a topper get in touch with me directly. I'm just starting to research adding some "commercial aspects" to the site (like ads, logo items) to help offset hosting costs. The good news is site traffic continues to grow, the bad news is I'm hitting the ISP "rev limiter" almost every day now for concurrent logins so I'm going to need to upgrade to the next tier of hosting services (and costs) in the not too distant future.

Good point above reg.to copyright.

By any means there will be no public commercial distribution.

The idea is non-profit hobby based group. Gather together and see what we can do to make a crest to show the colors of our community.

Which was the process when the above mentioned topper was made?

(Norm's Coupe, yellow "owners club" topper)

The logo was not reproduced there, as it won't be in the present design either.

Please advise.