Does this look wrong to you folks like it does to me?

fedoragent

Should there be a bend there?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a bend there?

• Yes, it should be there. . .
    • No that does NOT look right.
    • I don't have a clue.

Yep-sure looks bent!

Should be straight as a gun barrel.......it's bent..........not a good sign, whats your toe in/toe out like?...........btw whats that blue thing inside the coil spring?........lol.......andyd

you can take it down to your local machine- shop and have it fixed in there press for about $15.00.. of course you will have to have the front end re-aligned when done ..

Air Bags....... Andy..............Air Bags......LOL

Yeah, well the air bags were put in by the damn hot rodder that put it in right before I bought it from him. I'm going to take them out. Please go easy on me, I'm new and trying to get everything in order.

FG.

Folks,

All good ideas, however, my brake/suspension guy has a torch and a bender machine in his shop. He's going to bend it back into submission, use a cheater guide and then put the part back on the car. From that point he's going to do an alignment. MUHAHAHAHAHA my car will be on the road soon!

Thanks for the input guys, you put the VW guys to shame on community input.

Cheers,

FG.

Mine will seldom get in the old car...............

I like your sense of humour:)

Remings me of a a joke I heard years ago. A cop pulls over this elderly gentlemen and with a panic in his voice yells. "Sir, did you not realize your wife fell out of your car four miles back!!" He replies, "Oh thank God! I thought I went deaf!"

Dave

Edited by insaneradio

Should be straight as a gun barrel.......it's bent..........not a good sign, whats your toe in/toe out like?...........btw whats that blue thing inside the coil spring?........lol.......andyd

Toe in and toe out? What does that mean?

Your toe in is supposed to be about 1/8", I think. That means they are 1/8" closer together at the front of the wheel than at the back.

I must add here that being a bit if a worrier, I don't think I would want a tie rod that had been straightened with the use of heat. I would be afraid it would be softened to the piont of being weak and prone to bending again if you bumped the curb or a nasty pot-hole. Just my waryness speaking.

I understand that I am probably over-cautious, and yes, I consider it a very good thing that I have never had to drive a frame repaired car. As far as those twin I-beam things go,,,,,, thats a furd and I don't have anything to do with those anyway. LOL

Ya Tim my p15 has has a little of that frame shop heat and repair done to it. If the paint hadn't burnt off you'd never know I was in a crash