New dash knobs for a P-15?

Don Coatney

Precisely why there is absolutely no reason to go to NYC. I can get the same aged beef cooked on the same equipment, served by an arogant waiter at out local Steak shop for about 35.00. and buy the same bottle of wine for 40 bucks, and have ths somelaire do the same dog and pony show.

Problem with NYC is everybody thinks the real estate is worth so much money that they think they have to recover the cost of it with everything they sell and every service they do.

And yes, I did live there for three years but it was back before fire, and things were still reasonably priced. Just no reason to travel south of Tappenzee bridge. Ought to be seperate state.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.........I think Michael is putting on his own dog and pony show here. Or, to impress a girl.:rolleyes: Like I said before, there are places in NYC you can get a nice meal for $100 or less. There are at least 3 Applebee's located in NYC to start with. http://www.google.com/search?q=Applebee%27s%2C+nyc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a. In addition to that the B.R. Guest Restaurant Group has several locations located in NYC. At least one on Park Avenue, and one in Times Square, plus others. Prices to fit all budgets. In checking their menu's I didn't see any where I would spend $250 for steak dinner for two, and that was at one of their upper priced places. I said, I haven't eaten in NYC since 1967, didn't say I didn't know of a few good places to eat at reasonable prices there.;)

applebees, id rather eat ramen noodles at home. cmon norm, life in the big city is expenisve. Give you an idea, drive into the city is a toll, thats 11 in and out. lunch, lets say you eat at a coffe shop diner for 20 for lunch. lets say you get a parking ticket for 115.00 and then lets say. You park at a lot, for 40 dollars, you already spent, about 80 if you dont get a ticket which it is hard to do to not get tickets here in ny.

thats true to some extent but have you ever ate in a fancy retaurant in nyc.

here in nyc, a nice dinner for 2 will cost $250.00 and beleive me you will be stuffed.

lugers for 2 is roughly 350.00, if you get wine maybe 400. i was there with my girlfirend, my friend and his girl. I PAID THE BILL, since my buddy lost his job. Bear in mind that we alll had the filet steak. wine, and some appitizers, and that was 410, with out gratuity. rip off yes, but it was so good. Its funny before a meal i never think about money but after i do.

I think I sort of get it.

michael warshaw lives in a 4th or 5th or 6th or 100th world country where prices are grossly inflated well beyond most P-15 owners means. He has foolishly carried these grossly inflated prices to the P-15 neighborhood and is trying to do business. I am glad he is PAYING THE BILL as most folks in the P-15 neighborhood can not afford to do so.

Several forum members have gladly sold un-needed parts to him at highly inflated prices. I also made an attempt to grossly inflate prices on some items thinking this guy was a fool did not know any better. Fact is he does not know any better as he is used to paying grossly inflated prices in his world.

Now the problem is his paying grossly inflated prices will hurt us all as it will drive the prices up on the parts we all need.

Michael, several forum members have given you direction on where to go and look for parts at a reasonable price. Why have you failed to do so? Money is an object to all of us. Your failing to do so drives the cost up for all of us.

Join our world and save us all money.

..we each live within our own "comfort zone".Is a certain golf star with far more money than I have, happier than I am at the moment? -probably not :)

i feel for you, its a bad economy, theres millions of people struggling.

Then why not help a brother out!:D

By the way I am having a sale this week, almost every thing i am selling is 10 bucks! if someone wants it all let me know and you will get a killer deal! and i have more that is not listed, i need these gone i am out of space.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/avpreformancediesel/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

Edited by dezeldoc

I think I sort of get it.

michael warshaw lives in a 4th or 5th or 6th or 100th world country where prices are grossly inflated well beyond most P-15 owners means. He has foolishly carried these grossly inflated prices to the P-15 neighborhood and is trying to do business. I am glad he is PAYING THE BILL as most folks in the P-15 neighborhood can not afford to do so.

Several forum members have gladly sold un-needed parts to him at highly inflated prices. I also made an attempt to grossly inflate prices on some items thinking this guy was a fool did not know any better. Fact is he does not know any better as he is used to paying grossly inflated prices in his world.

Now the problem is his paying grossly inflated prices will hurt us all as it will drive the prices up on the parts we all need.

Michael, several forum members have given you direction on where to go and look for parts at a reasonable price. Why have you failed to do so? Money is an object to all of us. Your failing to do so drives the cost up for all of us.

Join our world and save us all money.

so by your rational, you want prices to stay the same, so you want yourcar to be worth, what its worth now, to be the same in ten years, cause you cant spring for a 200 dollar part, that makes a lot of sense. With new people getting into the market, prices will and sould go up, the laws of suply and demand.

read this mr coatney.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand

now yes you did try to take advantage of me asking ridiculous money for an item a few months ago, but i didnt buy it luckily since my check was bounced back in the mail probablly because like you say your adress changes all the time.

Now this is what you do try, and take advantage of a new member on the baords, just on that comment alone you should be BANNED! REALLY A NICE WAY TO WELCOME A NEW MEMBER!

BUT IM NOT HERE TO BASH MR COATNEY EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO MAKE MONEY, I HAVE NO HARD FEELINGS TOWARD DON, BUT YOU BASSICALLY SAID YOU TRIED TO RIP ME OFF, SINCE I DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING AND YOU WERE TRYING TO RIP ME OFF. WELL IT DIDNT WORK, I CANT BELIEVE YOU WOULD SAY THAT ON HERE. THEN SAY TO ME, THAT I SHOULDNT CAHRGE SO MUCH FOR MY KNOBS, YOU MAKE NO SENSE!

Edited by michael.warshaw

Michael why don't you explain how you came by these knobs? Have you started reproducing parts?

im not using the forum, to discuss them, their being sold in another medium if you have a question i will gladly answer it, in that medium. Im not trying to bring business IN the p15 website, im trying to interact with fellow owners.

mr coatney, please dont respond on my threads your comments and opinions arent welcome on my threads, please disregard my threads, you add nothing to them, and get way off topic everytime. If i was Admin i would ban you!
Just to keep things straight, Michael, this is Mr. Coatney's thread, not yours, and I am the one that got it off topic, in response to your mention of 200 bucks being a cheap price for a supper in your posting to his thread.

Selling products through the site isnt against the rules. I dont usually post my ebay auctions either but I do sometimes sell stuff directly not through ebay. Thats not against the few rules we do have. Which BTW all got instuted after you joined the site

I have said this twice before. If you do not like a forum member or find them annoying, please add them to your IGNORE list. Instructions can be found on the site. Obviously on this thread there are two forum members who dislike each other for unknown reasons. I personally like them both but their disagreements should not appear on the forum. PM each other to death if you want, but please keep it off the forum.

applebees, id rather eat ramen noodles at home. cmon norm, life in the big city is expenisve. Give you an idea, drive into the city is a toll, thats 11 in and out. lunch, lets say you eat at a coffe shop diner for 20 for lunch. lets say you get a parking ticket for 115.00 and then lets say. You park at a lot, for 40 dollars, you already spent, about 80 if you dont get a ticket which it is hard to do to not get tickets here in ny.

Again, I haven't been to NYC since 1967. But.....even then I was smart enough not to drive my car into NYC. I parked it outside the city and took the bus. There is also that thing they call the subway to get around in NYC. So.....why pay all that money for tolls and parking. You also would not need to worry about getting a ticket. If you don't like the bus or subway, just take a cab. I've also heard they have those running around the city too. Or........if you really need to impress people, hire a limo.

By the way, if it's only $20 for lunch, that's what my wife pays when she has lunch with her lady friends. So.........the NYC lunch prices aren't any higher than they are here. For what it's worth, they always eat lunch at a family type place, nothing fancy about them.

yes Don..spend a dollar today value on the street at a value of 57 cents and ten years later that dollar will be returned to you at the going buying power rate of 23 cents and don't forget the depreciation of wear and tear of normal use of purchased items...I am being very optimistic about the 23 cents by the way...a wise investment indeed...you can only hope that the dollar value increases as the known fact that the buying power decreases and thus if you are very very lucky..one may fall just a tad shy of breaking even..and by the way Don, how many hundreds of thousands of dollars passed from your hand to the shredder this week?