Wagon road trip

Young Ed

Dynamat project I posted about a couple weeks ago was part of prep for a 600ish mile road trip. This afternoon checked the spare and decided it was time for an update... The one in the rear was a G series bias ply that's probably older than I am!! Dug out the matching wheel I bought a couple years back at Mopars in the park. Cleaned it up and hit it with some spray paint. Tomorrow a used tire and one less thing to get ready. Interestingly also discovered the 14 spare is almost identical height wise to my 15s. So speedometer shouldn't be too messed up. 

IMG_20230716_171249.jpg

IMG_20230716_180037_01.jpg

We're headed to the national meeting of the Plymouth club in Lansing Michigan. Once we get there I'll post some updates on this thread. Sounds like we'll be seeing some pretty cool stuff. Top of my list right now is a few WWII fighter planes that were recovered from the bottom of lake MI after crashing during carrier training and the Mopar only show at the Gilmore car museum 

• Like 1

I bought mine at Mopars in the park which has a pretty big Mopar focused swap. I have 2 vehicles that have been swapped to more modern 15s. Paid $100 for the 2.  What I discovered to get exact matches is there is a stamped in part # by the valve stem. I believe your 9" cap is an older wheel and the 8" is newer. Beyond that you also likely want to match width. Mine are 6.5 which is more in demand so more $. 

Took the wife for a drive awhile back to a swap meet .... the swap meet sucked & was a bust .... I did notice a old run down house that was occupied & in the back field was a pile of tires & wheels .... there were old steel wheels all over the top of the pile. Hard to say what all is in the pile.

I keep telling myself I want to go back and see if can talk to the people. ..... Right now this time of year, that is rattle snake country.

3 acres of field with a tire pile in July ..... No thank you.

Are not the snakes good eatin" ? ?

Fun for the young -ins"  to catch.  Field trip and picnic?

Just need to be the taught how! ?

Catch ya some and have a BBQ.  Tastes like chicken from my small experience.

Too damned hot here to do anything outside . and I see the same for your part of the country!

DJ

9 hours ago, Young Ed said:

We're headed to the national meeting of the Plymouth club in Lansing Michigan. Once we get there I'll post some updates on this thread. Sounds like we'll be seeing some pretty cool stuff. Top of my list right now is a few WWII fighter planes that were recovered from the bottom of lake MI after crashing during carrier training and the Mopar only show at the Gilmore car museum 

The Gilmore is an awesome place. The WPC Club meet had their car show there one year. I think I enjoyed the museum more than the car show, and the car show was good too. 

Wagon and the rest of us have arrived. Started out in the rain until we stopped for gas after about 2.5h. Lots of traffic by Chicago - our 9ish hour drive took 12

I'll get some pics added but we're back. Wagon clicked off about 1200 miles with no complaints. Was a little warm towards the end of each drive but with just the vents open and the tailgate cracked about 1/3 we got good airflow without so much noise you couldn't talk or listen to music.  

• Like 1

Thursday we went to the airzoo. Great collection of aircraft and NASA items. 

IMG_20230720_093047.jpg

Only surviving piece of the USS Juneau which happened to land on the deck of another ship as it was sunk. 

IMG_20230720_093918.jpg

This was recovered off the bottom of lake Michigan and restored 

IMG_20230720_105252.jpg

Only one of these ever made

• Like 1

Friday we did a military museum -didn't take many pics there is was more artifacts and smaller stuff vs vehicles. From there the lost railway museum. They had some smaller train cars called inter Urban's. 

IMG_20230721_125112.jpg

IMG_20230721_124129.jpg

Third stop was called ye old carriage shop. Lots of very unique cars made in Jackson MI. A few of them were the only one known. These two are the only ones known and he had both!

IMG_20230721_150447.jpg

Neat looking car with the cyclops headlight. He had the next model year which had conventional dual lights. 

IMG_20230721_142358.jpg

And a pocket door car

IMG_20230721_144652.jpg

• Like 1

Saturday was Mopars at the red barn car show. There were almost 500 Mopars in attendance plus a swap meet and all the regular displays. One of the coolest things to me was this 64 Plymouth satellite 

IMG_20230722_105211.jpg

IMG_20230722_105225.jpg

IMG_20230722_105237.jpg

IMG_20230722_105314.jpg

• Like 1

More cool stuff

IMG_20230722_121216.jpg

The actual car used in the movie Ford vs Ferrari

IMG_20230722_122247.jpg

IMG_20230722_120354.jpg

IMG_20230722_120141.jpg

IMG_20230722_094900.jpg