My First Car -- P15 1947 Plymouth Deluxe

NickPickToo
Go to solution Solved by kbuhagiar,

46 minutes ago, NickPickToo said:

So about fit.  Do you think my friends will believe me when I say the extra inch where the fender meats the quarter panel was a design feature? ?

IMG_0973.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

IDK if they will believe you but that is how they were built. The rocker stainless hides the difference

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Young Ed said:

Well you gotta have something to hunt for. They are out there

I'll add that to the list actually...its a long list and those can be price so it will be at the bottom of the list for now.  I've seen pictures where others don't have the trim but have more consistent bottom profile.  Is that a modification then?

Ha.  Dad just reminded me that the Plymouth Dr. Comped us one a while back.  So I just need to find the other side.  I also have just one of these door decoration.  I'm pretty sure a few small pieces of the grill stainless are missing to but it's been too long now to remember.

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

Edited by NickPickToo

Nick if that door trim was used on Dodges as well I believe I have a couple.  I'll take a look and compare.   

Just checked the Dodge trim is different. Sorry. You're welcome to them if you want them.

IMG_20200927_205546.jpg

Edited by casper50

15 hours ago, casper50 said:

Nick if that door trim was used on Dodges as well I believe I have a couple.  I'll take a look and compare.   

Just checked the Dodge trim is different. Sorry. You're welcome to them if you want them.

IMG_20200927_205546.jpg

Thank you for the offer, but I just double checked and I don't need these anyway.  No place to hang them in a Deluxe, they were for Special Deluxe.  The one I have was extra stuff that come in the glove box so I'll use it for trade

Tomorrow is Cowboy day at Nicholas's school.  I think he's passable, but he wont be happy I posted this ?.  The hat is a Resistol (20X White Gold) his Grandpa gave to me a few years back.  The bolo was his Great Grandpa's.  One he often wore while calling square dances.  The boots are an old pair of mine.

IMG_0982.jpg

Edited by NickPick'sCrew
  • Like 4

Yeeee Hawwwww

He kinda has a Lester Flat/Earl Scruggs vibe going on...

Throw in the '47 Special Deluxe and we could have a renaissance man here!

Hope he has a good time

On 9/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, NickPickToo said:

Ha.  Dad just reminded me that the Plymouth Dr. Comped us one a while back.  So I just need to find the other side.  I also have just one of these door decoration.  I'm pretty sure a few small pieces of the grill stainless are missing to but it's been too long now to remember.

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0976.jpg

I have a couple of the inner door trim pieces from my 48 Special Deluxe if you need one. Identical to the one you posted

33 minutes ago, Bobby said:

Yeeee Hawwwww

He kinda has a Lester Flat/Earl Scruggs vibe going on...

Throw in the '47 Special Deluxe and we could have a renaissance man here!

Hope he has a good time

He left the house this morning with his cell phone in the inside chest pocket playing WN's "On the road again"  Yes he was feeling the vibe.  

Edited by NickPick'sCrew

Okay bragging again.  Today Nicholas ran the 5K in 17:08 (lingered at the finish to congratulate his competition so he officially recorded a 17:14.  Its all automated these days)    Get this, he was disappointed with the time, thinking he should have broken 17.  About 4 more weeks left in the season, perhaps he may, although todays course was about as fast (flat) as they come. 

That's excellent.  Both my kids ran CC, our daughter went to college at Eastern New Mexico on scholarship for it.  My son ran CC for Port Huron South HS in '05 and '06.  He did relatively well for the team, but Nick's times would pretty much have smoked him.  I don't think the courses change much from year to year, so I'm sure I've trod the same ground as you, watching the young'un run.    

• 2 weeks later...

The rest of the paint arrived yesterday.  Just in time too.  Today may be the last day this season with good driveway painting weather.  Focused on getting the body (still not ready to paint the fenders fully for now) and on the inside surfaces that will be exposed -- three coats   Some of the surfaces seem to have dried nicely, but I'll be sanding and buffing out orange peel for a long time on some of the other sections.  Anyway, now I can start building out the interior. 

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NickPickToo said:

The rest of the paint arrived yesterday.  Just in time too.  Today may be the last day this season with good driveway painting weather.  Focused on getting the body (still not ready to paint the fenders fully for now) and on the inside surfaces that will be exposed -- three coats   Some of the surfaces seem to have dried nicely, but I'll be sanding and buffing out orange peel for a long time on some of the other sections.  Anyway, now I can start building out the interior. 

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

I like the color. Won't show dents or dirt,and when you get in the car in the summer after it has been parked in the sun for a while,it won't be so hot it will bust your brains out.