Hope everyone is ok in the east with the snowstorm

desoto1939

I must say....as I get older I wonder every winter why I stay where there is winter from November until April....just nothing nice about cold and snow anymore...

MikeC

My father-in-law in Watervliet will be retiring for good in May (Medicare has kicked in) and in the past has often hinted at selling the house and moving to North Carolina.  Maybe when my MIL is 65 too?

• Like 1

We had a few weeks of below zero temps here, so when it hit 17 degrees the other day I left the jacket home. Feels like summer in comparison...

So far the snowfall has been weak this year, we have about 14" accumulated so far in the yard.

We had a pretty good rain at night Friday/Saturday, but today it's nice again. I went for my usual 4 mile skate at lunch.

It did snow here once in the past 30 years, enough to "stick" until noon the next day, but basically Fresno/Clovis never sees snow.

I remember tossing our cat out to play in that snow. He'd never seen snow, and it was rather amusing watching him try to figure it out.

I went skating at lunch again, and I wore a sweater. It was a mistake. I came back drenched in sweat.

The sun is shining and the blossoms are everywhere. Winter is likely over for us (such as it is.)

I went skating at lunch again, and I wore a sweater. It was a mistake. I came back drenched in sweat.

The sun is shining and the blossoms are everywhere. Winter is likely over for us (such as it is.)

I hope not, that would make this year even drier that last and we need the water. There have been a couple of years in the past with "Miracle March" precipitation, maybe we will get lucky this year.

We used to get light dustings every so often. Now a light dusting for us means 12-18". 50+" compacted on the ground at moment. Total snowfall since January 23 has been 98". Worcester county where I live has the honor of being the snowiest place on earth at the moment, with 3-5" coming tomorrow night and rumors of another big storm coming Sunday night. I've had enough.

post-3941-0-46862200-1424135333_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mark D

What is it with old guys and gray Buicks?  Seems like its a psychological thing.  Find a gray Buick anywhere, watch it for a while and sooner or later and old guy will get in it!  Maybe its genetic. 

Niel, my Buick is grey from all the salt, it is actually tan in color   LOL.  I have to admit though, I do like that Buick very much

I was out of town the past two weeks, and the missus had to be out as well, although different places.  She couldn't get all the snow moved by the time I got back (we have two driveways).  Spent the better part of this last weekend moving the white stuff and found a Volkswagen and pick-up in my driveway that I swore beforehand that's where I left them, but couldn't see anything but mounds of snow.  We dodged that "Snowvember" Lake effect storm, so Mother Nature has been making sure we remember what part of the country we live in.  My car looks like the rim of a margarita glass...

• Like 1