Kustom '52 Plymouth 4 Door

chop

Nice work.  Thanks for the posts.   The only thing I would personally do different (i think) is to have the rear of the roof

a little higher and more square.  I think you could start a side business making fender skirts.

• Like 1

Very cool engine choice. Thanks for clarifying. I like that T bucket too that looks like one hell of a ride. Do you have a build thread anywhere else on the web (for the T bucket) that we could check out?

-Chris

I have not liked most of the Plymouths I've seen with the Olds-type fascia treatment, but this one looks pretty good to me, Even the VW teeth work well.

I plan to build some similar flush skirts for my '47, but I'm going to re-shape the wheel openings. I don't think skirts look as good with that little tail on the back.

That chop looks like a lot of work on a 4 door. The extra tumblehome means a lot of re-shaping.

Here's my build of the bucket. The chop wasn't too bad, I did a '54 chevy 4 door and that seemed like a lot more work for some reason. Just wish I had more time to work on it.

http://p15-d24.com/topic/34976-flathead-powered-t-bucket/

Thanks for the link, i'll check it out.

-Chris

Although it seems you have a tremendous amount of talent in the body work I have seen in all the pictures you posted I love the fact that each and every one of us on this forum has a different taste in what we like. I am not a fan of chopping a car up to make it look like something it was never met to look like. I understand we have all wanted a look that is different than anyone else so we do what we think we have to do to achieve this. The way the car looks now reminds me of the rat raced Chevy's. This is just my 2 cents that I have offered and by no means do I mean to disrespect your talent as I do love the means of talent you have. Keep on your track to the look you want and remember to keep it somewhat a mopar.

very  kool  you  made an  ugly  duckling  really  kool,,,,cant figure out  how  a 426 hemi  flex plate  mated to a 904 ?? the  hemi flex plate should be  8  bolt crank  flange,,and for a 727  not a 904  interesting,,,keep the pics comming,,,

The 426 hemi flexplate and 230 crank have the exact same 8 bolt pattern so it mates up perfect. I got the adapter from quality engineering in Bend Oregon. It was pretty simple other than the Durango / Dakota starter was a little tight to the block so I had to grind a few spots down.

• 2 weeks later...

I know everyone has thier likes and dislikes but where would the car culture be if there wasn't a Gene Winfield, or George Barris, or Bill Cushenberry. These guys are the old school customisers and I hope some of the young guys like chop, coming up still keep this art going.

I know everyone has thier likes and dislikes but where would the car culture be if there wasn't a Gene Winfield, or George Barris, or Bill Cushenberry. These guys are the old school customisers and I hope some of the young guys like chop, coming up still keep this art going.

I totally agree, the young guys (myself included) need to keep the art of hot rodding and customizing alive. Chop is doing a great job on this car and it's looking fantastic.

-Chris

Edited by 1952B3b23

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to work on the car lately but the I did manage to mold the passenger side drip rail out of 5/16" round stock and finished up most of the body work the lat time I was in town.

10394572_598588116954646_724399404046772

• Like 2

Just shows that "more doors" can be kick a$$! Loved the flatty powered bucket. While I like my 54 Ford fordor, I can't wait to get my "new" 49 Dodge Coronet 4 door. Out with old and in with the older.

Edited by ACJCF2