7th Annual Clements Tailgate BBQ......

48Dodger

Ok....Trophies almost done. The pistons arrived from the local machine shop (donated)

and the tags should be done mid week. 

These are the awards for this year ^_^

01. Best of Show (dodge)
02. Best L-6 Engine
03. Best Modified Engine
04. Best Wood/ Flat or Utility Bed
05. Best Truck Bumper
06. Best Non-Mopar Vehicle
07. Best In-Progress Truck
08. Best Body Damage
09. Longest Distance Traveled
10. Longest Distance Truck
11. The Tough Trucker Award (host award)
12. Wish You Were Here Award*

I will share the WYWHA next week, by the end of the week.

Two recipients were picked last year (hence we wished they were there, lol)

48D

You guys are going to post pics for those of us that can't make it aren't you?  Man I wish I could be there.   Mike

Ok....Trophies almost done. The pistons arrived from the local machine shop (donated)

and the tags should be done mid week. 

These are the awards for this year ^_^

01. Best of Show (dodge)

02. Best L-6 Engine

03. Best Modified Engine

04. Best Wood/ Flat or Utility Bed

05. Best Truck Bumper

06. Best Non-Mopar Vehicle

07. Best In-Progress Truck

08. Best Body Damage

09. Longest Distance Traveled

10. Longest Distance Truck

11. The Tough Trucker Award (host award)

12. Wish You Were Here Award*

I will share the WYWHA next week, by the end of the week.

Two recipients were picked last year (hence we wished they were there, lol)

48D

sadly, I will not be eligible for ANY awards this year!

FINALLY! An April 5th weather report..........77deg / partly cloudy / 20% rain.......better than last year!

And last year was beautiful.

48D

• Like 1

The new Dash Plaques are here!

Wohoo! ONE MORE WEEK!!!!!

Included the prior years for fun.

48D

post-340-0-64379400-1396067108_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-83925400-1396067146_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-93641000-1396067178_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-07741000-1396067218_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Actually, everyone helps out when things get hoppin'...can't complain. Always appreciate you having my back Tim. ^_^

If you wanna bring old clothes for a photo shoot Paul...do it. lol 

48D

With the BBQ less than one week away, I need to take care of a little business. When the current event is under way, a few names come up....asking questions like "wonder what he's like?" "wonder if he'll come out next year?" or "wouldn't it be great if that guy was here, I'd like to talk with him". It's what created the "Wish You Were Here Award". an award that reminds everyone on the forum, no matter where you're at, you're invited. Last year was :

2008 Don Coatney

2009 Merle Coggins

2010 Hank aka HanksB3B

2011 Ed aka Young ED

2012 Bud aka Budstruck

2013 Tim Adams aka Plymouthy Adams

The 2014 award goes to two guys whose names have come up a lot in the last few years. The amazing thing is that both guys are coming to the BBQ this year and trust me, I had nooo idea. lol. I had already sent the information off to the engraver when I got the word they both would be here! Unbelieveable. I was going to mail off the awards like I did last year, but since they're making the trip, why not have everyone at the BBQ see them recieve it.

Congratulations guys! See you at the Tailgate BBQ!!!

2014 Mark aka ggdad1951   •   2014 Davin aka Desotodav

48D

Weather service is now calling for mostly sunny with a high around 70°F for the BBQ. Sounds like perfect weather.

I had some correspondence with tcsmithh about caravanning from the South Bay area to  the BBQ a while back but there might be others from the SF Bay Area who are coming who'd like to have some safety in numbers. My suggested meeting point would be at the shopping center on the south side of Mission Blvd between I-880 and I-680. It is about 85 miles from there to the BBQ and Google suggests that it will take about 1.5 hours going mostly by freeway:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37.4906865,-121.9273669/20800+Brandt+Rd,+Lodi,+CA+95240/@37.4902641,-121.9276033,18z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x80907836a9402abb:0x37d074e992ee3a5c!2m2!1d-121.061738!2d38.146232!3e0

To get to the BBQ around the official start time of 9:00 AM that means a departure from Fremont no later than 7:30 AM.

Any takers? Or any suggested alternative meeting point that would work for more people?

I feel honored to be part of such a fine group of people and to have the opportunity to attend an event so fine as the BBQ. I've encountered many of life's little challenges since deciding to attend the BBQ earlier this year, including both of my parents hospitalized with heart issues in recent weeks, and now the news broadcast here tells me that there are earthquakes in LA and that the staff of my chosen Australian airline for the journey (QANTAS) are looking at going on strike. My attendance to this year's event is made possible through the help of my good friend Hank. I very much look forward to meeting those of my 'forum family' in just under a week's time.

I feel honored to be part of such a fine group of people and to have the opportunity to attend an event so fine as the BBQ. I've encountered many of life's little challenges since deciding to attend the BBQ earlier this year, including both of my parents hospitalized with heart issues in recent weeks, and now the news broadcast here tells me that there are earthquakes in LA and that the staff of my chosen Australian airline for the journey (QANTAS) are looking at going on strike. My attendance to this year's event is made possible through the help of my good friend Hank. I very much look forward to meeting those of my 'forum family' in just under a week's time.

Just to let you know the earthquake was NBD. I was in my Mopar Stock Room and didn't feel a thing. It might have been that it adjoins an elevator shaft and it must be very strong construction. My wife Blanca was all freaked out about the quake and I think Paco dropped his pizza and fell off his perch. Nothing broke and my truck is still on the jack stands.

PacoPizza_zpsb079b433.jpg

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B

Weather service is now calling for mostly sunny with a high around 70°F for the BBQ. Sounds like perfect weather.

I had some correspondence with tcsmithh about caravanning from the South Bay area to  the BBQ a while back but there might be others from the SF Bay Area who are coming who'd like to have some safety in numbers. My suggested meeting point would be at the shopping center on the south side of Mission Blvd between I-880 and I-680. It is about 85 miles from there to the BBQ and Google suggests that it will take about 1.5 hours going mostly by freeway:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/37.4906865,-121.9273669/20800+Brandt+Rd,+Lodi,+CA+95240/@37.4902641,-121.9276033,18z/data=!4m9!4m8!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x80907836a9402abb:0x37d074e992ee3a5c!2m2!1d-121.061738!2d38.146232!3e0

To get to the BBQ around the official start time of 9:00 AM that means a departure from Fremont no later than 7:30 AM.

Any takers? Or any suggested alternative meeting point that would work for more people?

we still plan on meeting next saturday, let me know if the plans change.

tom & michelle smith

I'm out. Had to replace the clutch fan and radiator in my '84.

Just don't have the money. :(

Nooooooooo!!! Gonna miss seeing you there Kev....I'll keep a look out for gauges etc for you man......hope the clutch gets fixed soon.

48D

Just a side project...

A few years back I gave up on a tank and cut it open, and started a thread about it. 

Its a "teaching tool" now, and will stand in as the donation can. ^_^     

48D

post-340-0-23063000-1396243344_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-48246300-1396243627_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-99063300-1396243676_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-58242200-1396243699_thumb.jpg

post-340-0-07636000-1396243717_thumb.jpg

WOW!  Thanks Tim!  I feel honored!  With my Gophers wining last night to advance to the Frozen Four in Philly (YAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA, and I have no voice), this is shaping up to be on EPIC trip!  I can't wait to put faces to "handles" from here!  

• Like 1

Just a side project...

A few years back I gave up on a tank and cut it open, and started a thread about it. 

Its a "teaching tool" now, and will stand in as the donation can. ^_^     

48D

Planning to make it your MailBox after everyone goes home ?

Hank  :)

Edited by HanksB3B
  • Like 1

Picked up Paul's truck today...so thats done.

Ram Man 02 called and he's driving out to the BBQ....from Mini-soda! Dang Dude!

The rain has been messing with my clean-up schedule, so hope you all can handle a lil clutter. ^_^ .

Last of the trophies will be done tonight.....

Got 2 days left to finish all the little loose ends......including some last minute fun with the B!BQ...lol

CAN'T WAIT FOR FRIDAY WHEN FOLKS START ROLLIN IN FOR SATURADY !!! WOHOO!....

As they say in the UFC...."IIIIIIIIIIIIIT'S TIME!!!!

48D

To All you BBQers:

I'm sure that you will have a great time this weekend. I have really enjoyed all the kidding and bantering that is leading up to Fri. and Sat. I hope that you post a lot of photos with names for the benefit of us easterners. It helps to put names together with faces. Have a ball!!

Barry

• Like 1