Cool picture

Todd B

I was searching the web one night and stumbled on to a picture of the camper I built 10 years ago. Some guy took a picture and it and is selling it on line. He has a business of selling the pictures. I think it turned out so cool I am going to get a big print on canvas made to hang in my house.

post-234-13585362389903_thumb.jpg

I built the truck for an advertising tool for an amusement park we own. We had a very successful halloween season. Our theme was the 1900 era and the old looking shack worked very well. I had old items fastened to the sides and even had cobwebs strung out over everything. I would park it at highly visible gas stations for a week at a time and the station would give away coupons. They loved the attention and we got cheap advertising. After a year I started to finish off the inside with custom distressed maple cabinets, a bunk up above the cab, fridge, closets and Knotty pine ceiling. My really business is a contractor and I have a small cabinet shop. I recently sold the truck to Nueske's Meats in Wittenburg WI. The owner has similar decor for his business, he parks it outside and they have cookouts off the back porch. The truck went to a very good home, Nueske's have a great business and he really respects the amount of work put into it.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought that you'd enjoy these Todd B. The photos come from the HCVC Vintage Truck Forum here in Oz. A member there said that they are set up as accommodation at a truck stop in South Australia.

Who knows, maybe the inspirations of your handiwork are far reaching???

Desotodav

post-7583-13585362824459_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585362825253_thumb.jpg

post-7583-13585362825564_thumb.jpg

I thought that you'd enjoy these Todd B. The photos come from the HCVC Vintage Truck Forum here in Oz. A member there said that they are set up as accommodation at a truck stop in South Australia.

Who knows, maybe the inspirations of your handiwork are far reaching???

Desotodav

I wonder if these trucks are used so the property owner can claim these are "mobil" homes and skate around legal issues?

Looks more like the truck was to top heavy and he lost control, crashed into the tree, then his friends made him feel better by parking next to him.

They are cool, thanks for posting.