floor mats

I know that I don't have a pilot house truck I have a '46 WC but I was wondering if you guys knew of a good place to get either a good rubber floor mat or a nice fit carpet for my 46 Dodge. a few years ago I bought a original style repo mat from Roberts and it has went to crap. Started cracking after a couple of years and now is in 3 peices. Need to replace but don't want crap again. Any ideas? Where do you guys get you quality stuff?

post-7445-13585360157636_thumb.jpg

We don't have a Fleet Farm around here I suppose you could get it at any good farm store? We have Orchliens and TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) around here. I will check this week end. It looks good and solid and not as expensive as a Roberts replacement mat. Thanks Guys.

Looks like the License plate says Kansas!

Here in L.A. no one even knows what a Farm let alone a Fleet is. People think it's o.k. to pay $1.99 for one potato (I kid you not) shrink wrapped in plastic as long as it has an "Organic" sticker.

I wish they had a F&F here, but then my daughter lives in Janesville where I guess people still have some wholesomeness and common sense.

Regards,

Hank :D

As I said, around here we have both Farm & Fleet and Fleet Farm stores. They are very similar but there are some differences. They are similar to a Tractor Supply, but with a K-Mart and Home Depot mixed in. I'm sorry that many of you guys don't have stores like this in your areas. Like Hank says, you can get everything there. In fact several years ago Fleet Farm sold t-shirts that read "If you can't get it at Fleet Farm you don't need it", or "If there's no Fleet Farm in Heaven I ain't going". They were hot sellers.

Merle

I would think Kansas would be loaded with farm stores.

That's what I'd be thinking... and Dorothy and Toto.

ok you guys. Yes I live in Kansas and have enjoyed your pics. Toto and Dorthy went with me this week end and we went to TSC (Tractor Supply C0.) and they had just what you guys showed. It was $56 but I will also have enough to do my '53 chevy truck. Beats the $89 or so for a cheap repo. I will post a pic when I get it done. Thanks for the tip. I'm just glad I married Dorthy and not the "Wicked Witch of the West" although sometimes I wonder.

I went to TSC and got my mat now here is the final product. Looks good but am having trouble with it wanting to roll up on the edges from being in the roll so long. I made sill plates to hold it down at the door. I like th look and it will last a long time being 1/4 thick.

post-7445-13585360301421_thumb.jpg

post-7445-13585360301961_thumb.jpg

I think the lined side is supposed to be the bottom, but looks good this way.

I have the same in my truck, bumps up. It curled at the edges big time but gradually flattened out. It might help to set it in the sun for a while, or use a heat gun...gently.

yep, them rubber mats have to "relax" in the sun to flatten out. I put a rubber floormat in my D250 years ago after the carpet started to wear out, and that was one of the first instructions that was in the box from JC Whitney. Not knowing this, I had ordered my mat in the middle of winter, so it took several weeks before a sunny day broke out.

Nice neat trim job. Looks good. I did mine in two pieces so that it would be easier to get at the battery under the driver's side with some swap meet pickup bed mat. Like to redo it in one piece with the bumps up.

post-193-13585360309802_thumb.jpg