$2.99 gas tonight

BobT-47P15

The convenience store on the corner in our neighborhood is tonite

selling regular for $2.99 a gallon. Wonder if it will drop much more?

Been going down steadily a few cents at a time the past few days.

Has the price come down in any other areas??

101_0655.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'm going to have to move. Still $3.79 in some places here. $3.69 in my town. I'm going to take the Plymouth to a big cruise this weekend and was waiting as long as I could to fill up the tank in hopes it would go down.

Sounds like I need to take a side trip to Joplin and fill up.

Gas has been dropping like a rock in omaha, HAHAHA, butacross the river in council bluffs it is always 10 to 15 cents cheaper. $3.05 last nite,am looking forward to filling up today seeing's it was $3.49 two weeks ago.

FRANKIE47

We have 87 octane ethanol that is why it is cheaper.

We have 87 octane ethanol that is why it is cheaper.

We are forced to run "oxygenated" fuel (ethanol blend) here. They always tell us that's why our gas prices are higher. (I saw $3.49 last night) That always confussed me since I can go over to Iowa and pay less for the ethanol blend gas. :confused: :confused: :confused:

We have ethanol plants here too. Why isn't our ethanol blended gas cheaper? I blame Jim Doyle (our Governor).

This is as far as I will delve into politics on this forum, I think your answer Merle is that some tree hugging lobbyist threw his groups agenda onto your states ethanol bill claiming oxygenating makes for a cleaner burning fuel thus a greener gas. This has yet to be validated.

FRANKIE47

ONE more step in the refinery process equals higher prices at the pump!

Our fuel is down to 3.68 in our immediate area. I got some for the mower in a neighboring town for 3.48 Tuesday. Seems our gas is higher because we live in a more affluent neighborhood and we can afford it. I believe winterblend is mandated to be in the tanks by the end of this month.

It was 4.48 in Hawaii 2 weeks ago.

Here is a spot for visual regerence. right click on the map for average price by county.

http://www.syracusegasprices.com/price_by_county.aspx

http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_can_gastemperaturemap.aspx

We are forced to run "oxygenated" fuel (ethanol blend) here. They always tell us that's why our gas prices are higher. (I saw $3.49 last night) That always confussed me since I can go over to Iowa and pay less for the ethanol blend gas. :confused: :confused: :confused:

We have ethanol plants here too. Why isn't our ethanol blended gas cheaper? I blame Jim Doyle (our Governor).

I saw $3.49 the other day too. Merle, one of the big problems here with the gas prices is probably not due to the oil companies. It's the state tax on it. I'm not a fan of Doyle but don't blame him solely. I blame the state congress for that. For the record, I wasn't a big fan of Thompson either after he shoved the Miller Park sales tax through, even after it was voted down by the people in the area. I vowed never to step foot in there for anything because of that, and to date I haven't, even with pressure from friends to attend a game with free tickets. Even my wife has tried to get me to go there for various things. She gets the same answer. I just tell her she can go if she wants, but without me.

It's nice that our gas price has dropped.....for now.

Who knows when it will bounce back up to $3--something or $4??

It's been in the upper 3's all summer.

Will probably have to pay more when on a trip to Texas in a couple weeks.

It's nice that our gas price has dropped.....for now.

Who knows when it will bounce back up to $3--something or $4??

It's been in the upper 3's all summer.

Will probably have to pay more when on a trip to Tesas in a couple weeks.

Bob, have no fear. They will raise the price back up for you during the holiday travel season, and again for the vacation season next year.:D

Just a short drive down south and you can save bundle:

There is still at least one place I've found that gasoline for your vehicle can be purchased for no more than 25 cents a gallon! Where in the world could that be - some hidden little town way up in the mountains that no one has traveled to in the last ten years? Actually, it's in Venezuela - which sits on the largest crude oil reserves outside of the Middle East and possibly in the entire world. Venezuela has the cheapest gasoline prices in the world, and is currently the fourth largest oil exporter in the world.

Are you ready? Jon:cool:

Just a short drive down south and you can save bundle:

There is still at least one place I've found that gasoline for your vehicle can be purchased for no more than 25 cents a gallon! Where in the world could that be - some hidden little town way up in the mountains that no one has traveled to in the last ten years? Actually, it's in Venezuela - which sits on the largest crude oil reserves outside of the Middle East and possibly in the entire world. Venezuela has the cheapest gasoline prices in the world, and is currently the fourth largest oil exporter in the world.

Are you ready? Jon:cool:

When's the last time you saw a Citgo? The US government has an embargo w/ Venezuela. We could buy their cheap gasoline, but the US government has said, "No Way, Jose."

Now a certain political party is promoting "Drill Here. Dill Now." We'll casually choose to forget that it is the same political party that supports the embargo on Venezuelan oil. George Orwell call your office!

When's the last time you saw a Citgo? The US government has an embargo w/ Venezuela. We could buy their cheap gasoline, but the US government has said, "No Way, Jose."

We have a Citgo that's going strong just about 2 miles from me, across the street from the BP. In fact, they just finished tearing down the old building and building a new one, making it into a c-store and gas station still under Citgo. There are a bunch more around the city too.

Correction: Forgot about the other Citgo just a few blocks from me. So, that's two that's up and going strong near me.

Actually I forgot about a third Citgo just a few blocks going the other way. I don't see it often because I usually go in and out the neighborhood a different way and don't pass that one on a regular basis.

I've also seen something about most of the Northeastern states get their heating oil from Citgo/Venezuela.

Maybe they have closed up in CO due to plain economics. Didn't get the sales they expected so just pulled out all their stations. That's what Phillips 66 did around here years ago. You'll be hard pressed to find a Phillips station in Wisconsin. They are here, but few and very far between. Yet, I see them all over in the south and west. Evidently they just don't do that well up here.