Winter Is Here In Manitoba

55 Fargo

8:00 AM today. Blizzard is to continue for another day and then the temperature is really going to drop. Mother Winter has arrived with a vengeance. No driving the old cars today.:P Glad I have a heated garage and can work on them out there. Probably have to dig my way in as a lot of snow blows off my patio roof between the patio and garage. Anyone want an Alberta Clipper?:P

DSCN5540.jpg

Edited by RobertKB

Robert, I envy you your heated garage. Today I really wished I had one. It snowed all day here but never amounted to anything. Mid thirties and miserable. I couldn't do anything but sit around the house. My garage is so small I have to move things out to work in it and I didn't want to move things into the snow. Tomorrow it's supposed to clear and go up to 47.

Joe, you can see the garage in the picture. I built it in 1985 and my wife said with all your cars make it big. It is 22' X 36' and it will hold four cars. I have three with an extra work area and still feel it is not big enough.:P Hopefully, one day you can build something bigger with some heat. I was out in mine today, cranked the heat, and got ready to pull my '48 Dodge D25's radiator and heater, both of which have issues and I have good replacements for them. We got a lot of snow today and it may be spring before my cars see the road again.

Joe, you can see the garage in the picture. I built it in 1985 and my wife said with all your cars make it big. It is 22' X 36' and it will hold four cars. I have three with an extra work area and still feel it is not big enough.:P Hopefully, one day you can build something bigger with some heat. I was out in mine today, cranked the heat, and got ready to pull my '48 Dodge D25's radiator and heater, both of which have issues and I have good replacements for them. We got a lot of snow today and it may be spring before my cars see the road again.

Hi Robert,I'm also fortunate to have an agreeable wife that helps me indulge in the hobby.

My garage at present isn't up to your specs,but that's my choice.However when winter sets in ,much like today-I envy forum members like,Dezeldoc,Normspeed, and others in the south,who are probably outside in a T shirt working on their cars and breaking a sweat.:)

Edited by Ralph D25cpe

Reg, You had it this morning in Northern Calif and then sent it to us down here in the Southern Calif Desert.

Now we will send it to our members in Nv, Az, & NM. Get ready NormSpeed.:D

Dennis:D

Oh No Dennis !

It's back this morning. 8.5" on the barbie and 28 degrees.

MVC-005F-2.jpg

Reg you got all our snow and you can have it. My great minnesota home has no snow in its yard. Supposed to get an inch or 2 tomorrow.

Ed, the blizzard here is over but although it was sunny this morning it was about -25F. I like sharing things with forum members so I am going to ship you some of our lovely winter weather. Please don't thank me as it is my pleasure!:P

No snow in S.W. MO........yet, anyway. About 20 degrees now at 11:43

pm, been windy and a little precipitation.

Forecast: Overnight: Cloudy, with a low around 17. Wind chill values as low as 5. Breezy, with a

west wind between 22 and 26 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph.

Tomorrow:

Wednesday: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 22. Wind chill

values as low as 3. Breezy, with a west wind between 14 and 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Brrrr.....

Is some snow on the ground in Kansas City, which is a little over two hours

north.

Bob,

Don't know how to answer that one now. Ask again in about 24 hours. We're in the middle of a blizzard right now around here for the whole state. Supposed to get between 8 and 15 inches of heavy wet snow by noon tomorrow, depending on where you live in the state. Lights have been flickering all evening. Hopefully we won't lose power.

Edited by Norm's Coupe

Well.........we sort of lucked out here in Milwaukee.:D:D:cool: Good old Lake Michigan kept us warm enough where mostly rain came down last night. Only have a couple of inches on the ground here. Supposed to get another 3 to 6 inches by late this afternoon. Doubt that will happen though. What snow is falling seems to be melting as it hits the ground. But........just about 10 miles north or west of here and they had between 11 and 12 inches on the ground this morning. They are supposed to get another 4 to 8 inches by this afternoon.

It's pretty cold on Arizona floor,,, 40's last night,, and around 60 today.. I know,, but what you gonna do.. it doesn't get much colder here...but then again,,, summer it's going to get up to 117-120...at least they don't salt our roads.. you can drive your cars and motorcycles all year round.. that's why when i left so.cal. 10 years ago,, i looked over a lot of states,, and i moved here.... but i didn't really think about summer... it get's too hot..

Took this from another thread so thought I would now add it here.

Spring time seems like a long time away. Right now it is about -30F with snow everywhere. Edmonton, the capital city of our province, is about 300 miles north and yesterday it hit -46C which is close to -50F which broke the old record. http://www.edmontonjournal.com/technology/Edmonton+shatters+cold+record/2337417/story.html It is bloody cold. I love my heated garage!!! Global warming is OK in my book!! Supposed to warm some tomorrow.

This morning at 9am it was -26f, a bit of north wind for a wind chill of about -32 or so...fast forward about 5 1/2 hours and right now at 2:30pm it's 19f :) with a bit of a WEST wind!

Warming up to 37f by Thursday. If ya don't like the weather in Southern Alberta...wait a few minutes!