Winter Is Here In Manitoba

55 Fargo

Well, seeing snow in the Mojave Desert makes our crappy weather seem not so bad...it happens every year like clockwork.

Probably no so much in the Desert!!

Looks like most of North America has this system dumping on it.

Oh well, Hot Toddy time...;)

My front yard looking south across the street to the neighbors Taurus yesterday. Another 4-5 inches fell today, same for tomorrow. At least it gets sunny for a while...cold as heck, but sunny

8feb06002.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

dammmmm cold here in Kansas today (and tommorrow ) was 9 degrees this morning , high of 17, then about 7 tonite............but into the 50's Saturday....... I know I've away from the upper midwest for a while, but still, it's hard to believe I (we) used to live in it , work outside in it , play in it, and even look forward to the cold, cuz the colder it got , the better snowmobiles would run better ! Had to have been in a 'another lifetime ' !!!!!!!

Here in MO......temp at about 8 am today was 9. Last I heard, it was up

to 11. Maybe down to 7 tonite. A tad warmer for the

weekend. No snow...just cold.

Last year we had some snow and ice storms.

The old saying still applies about MO weather: if you don't like what we

have right now, just wait, it'll change.

Supposed to be about 7C or 42F here in Alberta. We don't mind sending you the Alberta Clippers but we want to keep the warmer weather to ourselves. It seems like the eastern and south-eastern United States got our latest clipper. Hope you are enjoying!:P

As I type, its ten below zero here in northwest Indiana. I think I smell Canadian bacon.

Nah, at -10 we eat porridge and drink slurpees for breakfast, we save the back bacon for -40 with a shot of Crown on the side..........Fred

-12 F here (-25 c) and I hate it.

My pal has his bachelor party tomorrow. We will take him into iced river, drill a large hole and he gets the pleasure to swim in it. And i'm not kidding. I'll post a pic later if i only remember to shoot one

Fireball, they do the same thing here in Manitoba, it's called a "Polar Bear Swim", last week guys were doing this in the Whiteshell park, where there is a number of lakes, pine country...........

Well its officially cold now. Last night tried to get some cold water out of the kitchen sink. No matter where I turned it it only came out warm. WTH I says to myself. Then I realized the issue-the pipe froze. I used to have this issue when I first bought the house but not for a few years since I put 2in of foam insulation under the overhang. Tonight if its still froze I'll have to attack it with some heat.

Well its officially cold now. Last night tried to get some cold water out of the kitchen sink. No matter where I turned it it only came out warm. WTH I says to myself. Then I realized the issue-the pipe froze. I used to have this issue when I first bought the house but not for a few years since I put 2in of foam insulation under the overhang. Tonight if its still froze I'll have to attack it with some heat.

Ed I have about an 18 inch over hang on the floors of my house too, it is a bi-level. My house was built in 1990, so it is well insulated, but when it's real cold this overhang on the floor is cool, so next summer, will remove the plywood cladding under there and add more foam, and vaporbarrier, hopefully that will resolve the problems.........Fred ps still smile :) when I think this thread still lives, look at the response and view numbers, unreal

The neighbor who's house is the same design as mine inside doesnt have this problem at all. His overhang has a planter in front of it and has durt up to the bottom of the house. My house has a deck in the same place and therefore just has air under there. Before I did the foam the pipe froze constantly. There was nothing but wood under there before.

50F here today and snow is going fast. Same for the next few days. I am beginning to think I just might get my '48 out for a run in the next week. I would never have even vaguely thought that a week ago. This is one of our famous Chinooks.