Mopar Fogs & Spotlights

HalfdollarMayflower

I kinda like the Dietz 510's for driving lights and for foggers the ole standby Unity is good and if you get lucky and find MoPar logo's....even better. I have collected two nice set of each...only one set with MoPar logo...its a crap shoot geting them realistic on e-bay..walked by many at the last swap meet...for the most part they show up at meets with a bit of mounting hardware missing or a busted lens...buying 3 or four at a cheap price nets a nice complete pair for a reasonable investement. Dietz chorme holds up a lot better than the Unity I have found...

I bought my fog lamps and mopar crests from kanter. had problems with the mounting clmps snapping after a couple hundred miles of driving/road vibrations. unity replaced them and were very prompt and curtious. and these have stood up for nearly 1500 miles of country roads and pavement driving. but when it came time to get the spots installed, i couldn't directly order from unity,. they gave me a list of retailers. and those guys didnt know jack about anything. finally the unity guy helped me with all of the numbers and i just went back into store and ordered the parts.

To me, the question is usually about the mounting brackets on the spot

lights. The sellers usually do not know what car they came off of so

if you buy a nice light with bracket, will it fit your car.?? They all look similar, but probably have different angles and such. I haven't bought spots, but

think I would prefer getting new ones with correct brackets.

Different applications not only use different mounts but also different shaft lengths. Also, the kit comes with a jig and a bit so you can get the hole properly placed and angled. They can vary a lot. For instance, my 53 would use one that mounts through the door near the vent window, not through the cowl. (Unity)

Their website has detailed reference charts so you can order the best fit.

Hola and Ah Ho Ho Ho Gary

As you know, the Streets and High-ways of yester-year when our vehicles were new, were not lighted at each inter-section as today's street's or hwy's are.

That is the reason for the added spot lights being mounted on the cars and trucks. The owners who had some money used just one spot light on the driver's side. When you got up to De Soto's, Chrysler's and the Imperials, they had enough cash to afford an spot light on each side of the car.

The same kind of thought of why the driving or fog lights being mounted on the space just behind the front bumper.

As of this time I have the driving lights and one day I'll tell Santa about my desire for dual spot lights.

Rodger & Gabby

COS