any members hit by Beryl

Wonder if anyone in our community was in the path of Beryl.  Seems lots of folks without power and as always with a hurricane, property damage to contend with.  Just hoping no one in the family was injured and can get by in the oppressing heat that is also an added stressor.  

What's left of it is hitting us today. There are flood warnings ,according to the weather network, but it seems to be breaking up. It rained pretty heavy when I woke up, but hasn't been raining for over an hour and the radar shows it breaking up. Disappointed really, we could use some rain. 

The only weather I got from it was cooler temps in the 70's-80's and fair amount of rain .... my tools suffered because I left them on the work table overnight and they got rained on  :(

Garden has been watered good for last few days :)

Now the grass needs to be mowed again   :(

I pray for the others, yesterday a friend on another forum lost power for 3 hours ..... Me there was nothing of significance.

We were in the low probability of effects directly from the storm but we got some significant rain showers and one thunderstorm past couple days.  Clear for now and like Los, will soon be firing up the mower.  Likely after the granddaughters b-day party tomorrow evening given it rain no more....I will not turn down rain, I will pass on high winds every time.   The heat was rough on the garden, mums did make a small cook off of dill pickles and I have slicing tomatoes for now.

• Like 1

I was in East Texas, at my daughter's place, for the past weekend.  Drove home, to west Texas, Sunday.  When I punched up the Google maps route it warned me that I might be impacted during my trip by Beryl.  It hadn't even hit the Texas coast yet, so it was BS.  Anyway, I didn't even get rain out here, just a bit cooler than normal.  Daughter got some rain and wind later on.

21 hours ago, Daly said:

What's left of it is hitting us today. There are flood warnings ,according to the weather network, but it seems to be breaking up. It rained pretty heavy when I woke up, but hasn't been raining for over an hour and the radar shows it breaking up. Disappointed really, we could use some rain. 

It started raining about an hour after I posted this and rained until around midnight. It got really windy around 9pm. I woke up to see a branch had fallen near my winter beater, but lucked out because it didn't hit it. Probably wouldn't have done much damage, but a dent does make it harder to sell later. 

20240711_073116.jpg.2350660a7877eaf18d4bf4c6b873aa6e.jpg

Beryl technically ran right over the top of us here in northern Maine, but it was "only" a line of thunderstorms by then.  I can't even say we got more rain than usual.  My older brother lives in Willis, TX, in Montgomery County, just north of Houston.  They still don't have power.

We got 4 hours hours of constant broadcasts for high wind warnings, tornado watch announcements, hail warnings.  What occurred was 15 minutes of dark skies, about a quarter inch of rain.  There was an unconfirmed tornado about 20 north east, some wind damage due to a deratio (strong straight line wind damage) and some short duration widespread power outages in a 20 mile radius.