53 B4C wheels

I am looking for some wheels for my 1953 B4C 3/4 ton truck.  The stock wheels are 15 inch diameter, 5.5 inch wide, bolt pattern is 5x5, -1 offset and center-bore 3.75 inches.  Has anyone found a source for these stock wheels?  Has anyone found a replacement wheel with these specs?  I have searched the forum and come up empty from previous threads. 

Thanks for any help!

Tom

Paint detail hubcap.gif

These are the three wheel vendors I have on my list.....

Wheels Now https://www.wheelsnowinc.com/ Wheels Now is a manufacturer and distributor of wheels, rims, and parts for highway, off-road, specialty vehicles, custom applications and more
Wheelsmith http://thewheelsmith.net/ Wheelsmith has over 50 years of experience in Custom & Standard Sized Wire, Rallye, Billet, Smoothie, Steel, Artillery, Vintage and OEM Wheels
Wheel Vintiques https://www.wheelvintiques.com/ Wheels; Truck, Muscle Car, Hot Rod, Classic, Front Wheel Drive, Accessories

I'm going to wish you luck @tanda62 Not saying impossible, but not a easy task.

The 1/2 ton trucks all used a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern with a 16" rim.

The 3/4 ton used a 5 on 5" with a 15" rim. At that time, the 15" tires were more stout then the available 16" tires.

I'm just suggesting these old 3/4 ton trucks were built for farm use.

Not real common to find lots of spare wheels 5 on 5 @ 15" lying around.

Not saying finding one on ebay  at $80 is a great price ..... having one built from scratch .... you might prefer the $80.

My 1991 chebby truck uses the same bolt pattern as your truck .... you have choices, it may take time to find stock replacements.

Thanks everyone for the replies and it is as I suspected, a difficult find.  I have been checking on ebay for several years now and have never seen any wheels for the 3/4 tons show up - maybe some will in the future.

I did find this wheel (https://www.wheelvintiques.com/catalog/product/view/id/9776/s/15x6-o-e-5-5bp-bare-3-3-4-quot-b-s/category/1175/) which has possibilities but they don't list the offset or the center bore.  I have asked the question but no reply as of today.

If I find something that works I will post it here for everyone's information.

Tom

I know nothing about 3/4 ton wheels.   If you are wanting to stay stock, ignore me. 

But,If the studs are 1/2" there are a lot of 5 on 5 wheels.  Widely used from the 50s to late on bigger cars and light trucks.  Best bet may be mid 50s big GM cars.  Center hole can be enlarged or shimmed to fit, Width and offset could be hard to match though.

Somewhere I have an old Hollander wheel only booklet.  I'll look for it Wednesday and see what info it may have.

• 1 year later...

Finally got new wheels and tires for my truck.  US Wheel part number 455-5615 fits. They are a 15 by 6 wheel with both a 5x5 and 5x5.5 bolt pattern.  The offset is 6 and the backspacing is 3.75 with a bore of 95.25.  The wheel fit nicely and have allowed me to switch to radial tires from the bias ply I was running.  World of difference in the ride and the amount of vibration I was experiencing.  I was using the original wheels with the 700-15 bias ply tires.  Now I have 205/75 R15 tires which also lowered the truck a little over 2 inches - something I needed in order to get the truck in my garage - there is a slope and such making it a challenge.  The wheels can be ordered with beauty rings and hubcaps.  The original hubcaps will not fit so new ones are a must, I will be putting the ones I ordered on after I apply some Doge lettering to them. 

So, here ya go for any B4C 3/4 ton truck owners looking for wheels.

Tom

new front wheel and tire.gif

new rear wheel and tire.gif

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tanda62 said:

Finally got new wheels and tires for my truck.  US Wheel part number 455-5615 fits. They are a 15 by 6 wheel with both a 5x5 and 5x5.5 bolt pattern.  The offset is 6 and the backspacing is 3.75 with a bore of 95.25.  The wheel fit nicely and have allowed me to switch to radial tires from the bias ply I was running.  World of difference in the ride and the amount of vibration I was experiencing.  I was using the original wheels with the 700-15 bias ply tires.  Now I have 205/75 R15 tires which also lowered the truck a little over 2 inches - something I needed in order to get the truck in my garage - there is a slope and such making it a challenge.  The wheels can be ordered with beauty rings and hubcaps.  The original hubcaps will not fit so new ones are a must, I will be putting the ones I ordered on after I apply some Doge lettering to them. 

So, here ya go for any B4C 3/4 ton truck owners looking for wheels.

Tom

I guess I'm wondering why the need to replace the wheels in the first place, if only the tire size changed?

It's hard to tell from the photos what the new wheels look like up close but you may be able to transfer the hub cap clips from the original wheels to the new. They were riveted on. 

Offset and backspacing are basically two ways of measuring the same thing. With a (positive) 6 offset, that would mean that the mounting surface is 6 inches outward from the centerline of the wheel. If the wheels are 6" wide then this would place it even with the outer edge of the wheel but the pics don't appear to show that. A 3.75 backspacing would mean that the mounting surface is 3.75 inches from the inside edge of the wheel. A bore of 95.25 must be in mm because that equals roughly 3-7/8"