UK ATOMIC Festival P15 Racing - Plymouth Vs Cadillac

victoredaye

Thought you all might like to see the footage of my 46 P15 convertible beating a 54 Cadillac during the 1/8th Mile drag at the new ATOMIC Festival in the UK. And it wasn't a one off, I ran twice and won both times. The P15 is all Fenton Equipped, Head, Dual Intake & Headers. Not bad for an old flathead 6.

I must admit I did get beaten by a 48 P15 2 door sedan but I have my sights on the racing at Pendine sands to get my own back. ;)

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Edited by victoredaye

I loved watching Chris and Dean racing each other, and a range of other pre-49 cars, in their P15s.

These drags were 1/8th mile, flag start, on the taxiway of an historic airfield... so it doesn't get much more authentic than that!

Looking forward to coming up against both these guys at the VHRA Hot Rod Races on Pendine Beach, next month...
See you on the sand!

Edited by Robin (UK)
  • Like 1

I don't use Facebook at all, so I didn't see the video, but I think the idea of vintage drag races is too cool.

I've had a few street races in mine, back in the day. Never been to a real track day.

I'm a bit biased, Trojan - I was running it!

But the feedback has been incredibly positive and there's a real buzz about the event.

There's no video of the two Plymouths on YouTube, but here's a clip I just found of a couple of rods on the strip...

• Like 1

I'm a bit biased, Trojan - I was running it!

But the feedback has been incredibly positive and there's a real buzz about the event.

Wow.. The Management eh? 

Hope my young girl did you proud, she plays with The Doggone Honkabillies, she has been going on about the weekender and is trying to get us to go next year.

Theres a few of us, but I dont do tents so it will be a Hotel nearby for me and the Mrs :D as for the drag strip, I wont be taking my truck down there.. just aint fast enough LOL.

Nice video though.. chat soon, TrOjAn

Claire was great. Always love The Doggone Honkabillies' shows.

Fully understand about the camping. There are LOADS of local hotels, though, so you'll be fine. There's a list on the ATOMIC website.

You can email me any time, for info: Robin@RockTheJoint.com

Here's a picture for you...

post-25-0-55316300-1400005026_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

I went just  on the Saturday, not in my Plymouth gave the Ferd a blast, had a great day lots to see and do.

Here's some pics of the boys at play ;)

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

Atomic Festival 2014

And one for TrOjan

Doggone Honkabillies

If you want to see more from the day have a look at my album on Flikr

regards .............. Simon.

Claire was great. Always love The Doggone Honkabillies' shows.

Fully understand about the camping. There are LOADS of local hotels, though, so you'll be fine. There's a list on the ATOMIC website.

You can email me any time, for info: Robin@RockTheJoint.com

Here's a picture for you...

Wow!  Nice Vintage 3 piece Slingerland..  As a drummer myself I can really appreciate a vintage drumset..  She must be proud to have a dad into classic cars and you must be really proud of her as well.

• Like 1

As a dad Im proud as ****, big grin whenever she plays, 

Now, Im going to cross my fingers and hope someone here can help me out....... there was a 1950 Red Dodge B2B pickup there.. I would LOVE to get in touch with the owner.

So, if anyone knows who it belongs to PLEASE give them a shout or hook me up with them please..

Cheers, TrOjAn

Edited by TrOjAnUK

• 4 weeks later...