Side View Mirror

I did have a set several years ago but I sold it to Charles Furman, from this forum, when to bottom dropped out of the economy. 

It's the only set I've ever seen.  The term Hens Teeth is appropriate here.

MVC-014S.jpg

Reg;

A while back you posted a photo of the mirrors you have on your truck. If possible could you post some close ups of them that show the mount?

I really like those and would like to try and find a similar pair for my truck.

Thanks, Jeff

Here's a photo of my drivers side mirror.  I bought these about 10 or more years ago at my local NAPA store.  I did a search of rear view mirrors online at NAPA and after scrolling past over 1600 mirrors I found it !!!!! 

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt%3dBK%2b7302691%26Ntk%3dKeyword%26Nty%3d1%26Dn%3d0%26D%3dBK%2b7302691%26Dk%3d1%26Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

They are reversible for driver or passenger sides and they fold inward if you bump them on something. Napa part # BK 7302691

d614bcf9-a501-495e-a7fe-e9bc38fb6ec9_zps

Scruffy I am very very interested  in a short stamped out right side mirror as you say you have seen a couple around your place.

Bob

Edited by Dodgeb4ya

I sent a message to Dodge Central to confirm this rumor and they confirmed that they are indeed working on it, but that project got delayed while they focus on making rear bumpers for 39-47 trucks.

hahahahaha

hahahahaha

Ed, you sound sceptical. I'm only reporting what they told me. Here's the quote from their email;

Hi Merle, yes we are working on this bracket but got delayed because we are still working on the final stages of the rear bumpers for the 39-47 dodge trucks.Once this is complete we will be working on this part.Thanks for your interest in our products and don't hesitate to email us again.Thanks

I put a bug in their ear about rear bumpers for Pilot-House trucks too. I've heard that the bumper itself is the same, just the brackets are different. Can anyone confirm that?

I put a bug in their ear about rear bumpers for Pilot-House trucks too. I've heard that the bumper itself is the same, just the brackets are different. Can anyone confirm that?

Merle,

Eric (townwagon) says they are. When I have a question, I go to him. :)

Ed, you sound sceptical. I'm only reporting what they told me. Here's the quote from their email;

Not sceptical just rubbing it in that you pilot house guys gotta wait behind us Job Rated guys. As far as I know the rear bumpers are the same and just the brackets might be different. I happen to know a couple guys with 39-47s running bumpers off pilot house trucks and they fit just fine brackets and all.

I don't need a bumper anymore, since Dave hooked me up, but I know many others are. I just gotta find time to get it painted and installed.

Merle

I thought you got that bumper a couple of years ago (how I learned about Greyhound Bus shipping). May I suggest powder coating both the brackets and bumper instead? 

Hank 

Nope, I missed out on a couple of deals over the years. Then I found out this spring that Dave had one just over on the other side of the state. I gladly drove over to get it shortly before heading out to California for the BBQ. Thanks again Dave. It's going to work just fine.

I'm too cheap for powder coating a bumper. I've got it cleaned and primered currently. I just need to get some Black on it. Maybe I can play with it this week.

Scruffy I am very very interested  in a short stamped out right side mirror as you say you have seen a couple around your place.

Bob

It will be a while. Has finally slowed down on the rain and gotten tolerably warm (heat index in Memphis is 94*F today, at the farm closer to 100*F). Any PH vehicle work here has come to a screeching halt. If I'm lucky I'll be able to sneak some time for it and rounding up the spare parts from the outbuildings. Sweptline has moved ahead of it on the priority list, since the 69 runs, has cattle racks I can hang produce shelves off and attach tarps to, just needs a simple rewire (have had the kit for 3 years and no time to install it)...

And I need to ind an off farm part time job... ugh. I hate driving, I hate going to town, not to fond of the general public...

Here's a photo of my drivers side mirror.  I bought these about 10 or more years ago at my local NAPA store.  I did a search of rear view mirrors online at NAPA and after scrolling past over 1600 mirrors I found it !!!!! 

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt%3dBK%2b7302691%26Ntk%3dKeyword%26Nty%3d1%26Dn%3d0%26D%3dBK%2b7302691%26Dk%3d1%26Dp%3d3%26N%3d0

They are reversible for driver or passenger sides and they fold inward if you bump them on something. Napa part # BK 7302691

d614bcf9-a501-495e-a7fe-e9bc38fb6ec9_zps

Thanks again Reg;

Hey they even offer a black version. Just the ticket for my truck. I've never really cared for too much chrome. The black one's will work out just fine.

Jeff