Radial Tires On A P15

larryconnors

Radial tires run a higher pressure than bias tires.  The radials on my two old vehicles states 36 PSI max and the radials on my 03 Chevy state that 44 PSI is max pressure.  The tires on my two old vehicles will be replaced during the year this year due to age alone.  The new tires will most likely have a 44 PSI max rating.

Still fixing a few things on my car so my long run and basic in town driving is on hold. The little bit I've done on the new Diamondback (Hankook) is a marked improvement obviously and still needing the king pins and box rebuild actually has sold me more on these tires for now. Their not in ideal situation yet the responces from corning on the worst side (king pin) is 75% improved in comparison to the old bias cokers. The tires call for 33psi for in town (normal) and 34-35 on the open roads! I have them at 33 and once I get going on a regular routine we'll see how they wear. (this will be the LAST WW set hahahaha!!! 900.00 for dress up tires isn't my style) ....they do look cool :cool:  500.00 look pretty good too :lol:  Doc.

Any special treatment required for radials on 48 Dodge original rims ?  I just ordered new WWW Coker radials. Had other 15 " radials for several years, fairly low mileage. Nice handling, no problems. Now I understand the split rims may require tubes, etc. Ignorance is bliss, but I was happy with the P 205/ R15s - they just wore out. Do you think I need tubes now? Thank you.

If you didn't need them before why would you now? I have close to 20K miles on the radials on my p15 without issue. Also running 16" radials on my 46 pickup.

If the tire doesn't require a tube (like my 16" bias ply do), don't run one.

Metal valve stems? Piece of cake. The tire and/or towing section at Advanced Auto usually has them, so does your local Harley Davidson dealership. Or any motorcycle shop that has a K&L Supply catalog. Big rig stems are way too long to work. Oh, WALMART has them too, you just need to specify ALL METAL, their house brand tire is USA made, and works pretty well. Run them on old Mopar and Ford rims on my late 50s or sometime in the 60s horse trailer. P215/70R15 on 4.5 or 5 inch wide rims.

Edited by Scruffy49