Fuel Pump Heat Shield And Mounting Stud

TodFitch

I don't see it in the downloads and I must be doing the search wrong as I don't see it in the forums despite remembering that there has been at least one thread about it within the last year or so. . .

Looking for a few items:

1. The template file for the fuel pump heat shield.

2. The description (length, threads, etc.) for the stud that mounts the heat shield to the fuel pump.

3. Maybe some instruction on how to better use the search function on this new version of the web site.

Thanks!

Tod,

This may be the thread you are looking for..

http://mopar.pairserver.com/p15d24ph_forum/index.php?/topic/28821-fuel-pump-heat-shield/?hl=%2Bfuel+%2Bpump+%2Bheat+%2Bshield        

When I did a search,I clicked on Forum and had "Forums" appear next to the magnifying glass,then entered the search 

subject.

Ralph

Edited by Ralph D25cpe

• 5 months later...

Does anybody know where to find these parts NOS?  The above link was broken and the DPETCA Truck Knowledge didn't have any info.  Thanks in advance! 

There was a file for a template for those parts by member ggdad1951. He made a few of the studs I believe and may have one or two left or can send you the file.

This was clipped from another thread posting earlier this year.  Not mine, no association with seller, just info

"reproductions are available from Paul Taylor Industries, PO Box 618, Arroyo Grande, CA 93421 for reasonable cost."

wrenches heat shield templates.htmTod, try this old link- posted by ggdad1951,

Drawings.measurements that I could not put on one page. Too large. Hope this works!  ;)

Doug

Does anybody know where to find these parts NOS?  The above link was broken and the DPETCA Truck Knowledge didn't have any info.  Thanks in advance! 

Try this, http://p15-d24.com/topic/28821-fuel-pump-heat-shield/

Boy it seems that I may have read Tods for  shield request  info wrong?  :confused:

As after all this checking, it seems that HE was the one who submitted the download of the specs for the metal portion of the heat shield. JUST not for the bolt. 

Am I reading this properly now?? There are no bolt specs, and I have seen none, but someone may have that. ;)

I could go to my storage and dig to find the one original I have if's that's What's needed??  :confused:

Jus trying to help!

Doug

I appreciate all the feedback- I found this through a forum search after seeing the heat shield in the Master Parts List which I discovered was missing from mine and figured it was there for a reason.  Seems WAY beyond my abilities of a piece of sheet metal and some tin snips but I bought an air cleaner bracket from Mr. Taylor before out of the Plymouth Bulletin so I'll try him,....thanks!!

I appreciate all the feedback- I found this through a forum search after seeing the heat shield in the Master Parts List which I discovered was missing from mine and figured it was there for a reason.  Seems WAY beyond my abilities of a piece of sheet metal and some tin snips but I bought an air cleaner bracket from Mr. Taylor before out of the Plymouth Bulletin so I'll try him,....thanks!!

As of the time this thread originally started, Paul Taylor is out of the heat shields and due to low demand was not planning on making more up.

I made a heat shield that secured to the fuel pump and one of the bolts that secures the timing chain cover. By doing this, there was just one right angle bend. This was one a 52 car and the stud into the fuel pump was made from 10-32 thread stock. The hardest thing to determine was where to locate the hole for the stud from the fuel pump. A fun project.

• 2 years later...

I've been looking into finding a heat shield for my '51 B3B to prevent the hard starting hot engine problem. There are several shields for sale on ebay from reproductions to one or two originals. My question is which style fits my '51 pilothouse best. The shields on ebay don't seem to vary very much (after all, they are all made for flathead sixes), just the number of mounting holes as far as I can tell. Are they all pretty much interchangeable?