New Look — Very Nice!

bamfordsgarage

I saw the ad on Facebook and when I tried the attachement I got this following notice. 1-18-2013, Great Site!! GTK you sure have come alongway from Forum #1.

Dennis;(

Security Alert

The link you are trying to visit has been classified as potentially abusive by a Facebook partner. To learn more about staying safe on the internet, visit Facebook's Security Page. Please also read the Wikipedia articles on malware and phishing.
  • oJ9dpFGyFh3.png

Norton™ by Symantec has ranked this web link as potentially unsafe
    Download Norton™ AntiVirus to protect your computer and your Facebook friends from online threats. Learn more
  • Like 1

Well, so far I've managed to get my profile straightened out, and got the forum sorted by new posts.  But every time I hit the "Next Unread Topic" button it goes the wrong way to the next oldest topic, not the next newest.  Haven't figured a a way around this yet .........

Marty

Well, so far I've managed to get my profile straightened out, and got the forum sorted by new posts.  But every time I hit the "Next Unread Topic" button it goes the wrong way to the next oldest topic, not the next newest.  Haven't figured a a way around this yet .........

Marty

Up in the header is "View new content" link. Click on it and you can select the new content you want to view, i.e. forums, gallery, links etc.

Below it is the time period: Last visit, 24 hours, past week, etc. Should be in newest to oldest order.  your probably going to initially get a lot of stuff cause the view counters are all just restarting.    

Up in the header is "View new content" link. Click on it and you can select the new content you want to view, i.e. forums, gallery, links etc.

Below it is the time period: Last visit, 24 hours, past week, etc. Should be in newest to oldest order.  your probably going to initially get a lot of stuff cause the view counters are all just restarting.    

Yeah, I had already found this, and have the forum sorted with the newest post at the top.  I've been clearing a lot of the previously read posts because of the reset counters (although I can't find the "mark all posts read" anymore either, but haven't found anything to change the action of the "Next Unread Topic" yet ......

Marty

Huzzah on you!!!  For your hard work in making the swap happen.  Just trying to get the hang of getting around the format.  But an I missing something or just haven't uncovered it yet?  The old format let you skip to the latest post of a thread and see who posted it, and get there by clicking the arrow.  Is that feature here somewhere or no longer available.   

See you have allowed avitars.  A nice feature.

Quite a change. I am still feeling my way around but I like it so far.

It would be nice to have a button at the bottom of the page to read all new postings as opposed to scrolling all the way back to the top.

When you arrive at the top level of the forum click on "View new content" (in the upper right corner.)

Quite a change. I am still feeling my way around but I like it so far.

It would be nice to have a button at the bottom of the page to read all new postings as opposed to scrolling all the way back to the top.

Don, you have your PMs turned off?  I keep getting an error trying to send you one.  

The new look is a nice, clean and crisp format. It seems less cluttered and the pages load faster.

Thank you for all your hard work and tire-less (pun intended) efforts to keep this forum alive and going well.

Regards,

Frank

Yeah, web technology has improved a lot in 10 years!  :D